My mother is suffering from a problem that no doctor has been able to diagnose. She has bad dizzy spells when she gets up from a seated position. She has even passed out a few times. She has had almost every test known and nothing has shown up. Her blood pressure will go up when this happens but then go back to normal. She has been to heart doctors, internal doctors, Neurologists and none of them can find the problem. If she stays on her feet she does not have these spells. Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sounds like she has either a serious case of hypertension or cerculatory problems.

Her cardiologist says she hasnt got a problem?

I'd get a second opinion.
|

replied March 18th, 2007
Sounds like postural hypotension, her blood pressure is low while she is sitting and can't rise quick enough for when she gets up. Get another doctor, this is a common condition and any doctor worth his salt can diagnose it, I did.
|

replied June 6th, 2007
I have something similar.
Often, when I bend down to pick something off the floor I get lightheaded and dizzy and have to steady myself because I feel like I might faint.
I think my b/p is normal.
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....