Is there a specific name for a male urinary catheter in which the catheter is inserted into the urethra along the shaft of the penis, rather than into the end (head) or as a superpubic insertion?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 20th, 2007
Yes There Is
I believe it is referred to as a uretha catheter. Also I believe Foley catheter is used.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: bladder, penis, male, head
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....