Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Possible Solution to Schizophrenia - Face It Head On!!!!

I have a theory. I know some people will think im insane and alot of people willl completely disagree with me but so far nobody has been able to cure schizophrenia so my approach is as good as any other approaches out there.

Now psychiatry and pharmacology have adopted the western approach which is to run away from your problems rather than face them. They think feeding people antidepressants and antipsychotics so they can run away from their problems is the answer. Instead of facing the problem and dealing with it for good they want people to run from it for the rest of their lives so theyll depend on the pharmaceutical companies until the day they die and will die with theyre problem.

I offer an alternative approach which is the complete opposite to the psychiatric approach. Instead of running from it I propose the patient faces it head on with the aid of psychedelic drugs. I mean your stuck with these voices for the rest of your life so what have you got to lose. Some people say "No never take psychedelic drugs they will make it worse instead get yourself hooked on prescription meds and become a mindless robot and run from your problems until the day you die."

I say !**@! that. If these spineless sheep want to give into their weakness and get themselves addicted to harmful pharmaceuticals and run away from their problems without ever really solving them they can do so but they have no authority to tell other people they should do the same.

My prescription would be psilocybin mushrooms. They will lift the veil and present the issues in plain site so you can analyse them and understand them and once the problem is demystified the next step is to gain the courage to face it and resolve it. Luckily psilocybin mushrooms have a funny way of imbuing people who respect them with strength and perserverence and clarity with which they can deal with theyre problems a thousand times more efficiently than normal.

See when you take mushrooms everything is intensified 10 fold and 1 minute can seem like an hour because of the intense hardships and struggles you might go through. Some people call it a bad trip I call it evolution. Believe me once youve dealt with your problems you will know. It might not and most likely wont happen the first trip but always know that it will and every second you spend battling your inner demons with the help of mushrooms brings you a hundred miles closer to completely abolishing the problem. Even if you dont solve the problem on your mind you will most likely solve a hundred other problems you probably didnt even know where there.

From personal experience I have came to know psychedelic substances like psilocybe mushrooms as the most powerful psychological and even spiritual medicine on the face of this earth. You wont know until you try and since you could be dead tomorrow what have you got to lose. Would you like to spend your last day being tormented by voices in your head or spend your last day battling them and knowing you went further than most people in the same situation had ever gone by having the courage to face your demons head on.

Im serious though it really feels like a spirit from the mushrooms enter you and give you strength in everything you do. It will be like you have a warrior by your side (or rather inside you) in every mental battle you partake in.

I have a feeling in 20 or more years from now the most beneficial and powerful forms of psychotherapy will all involve the use of psychedelic subtstances. In this present time it is more profitible for people to be sick rather than healthy so dont expect to find a cure from the people who profit from you being sick.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 11th, 2007
Good god I just had the most extreme deja vu Ive had in years. I got a strong feeling that I wrote that exact post before.
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Well, I agree with facing this stuff head on, but through the self, not through hallucinogens. Taking these while already experiencing problems with hallucinations, delusions or the like can be disastrous. Trust me, one of the worst cases where I used to work had a similar theory.
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, that's an interesting theory. I certainly can't imagine violently psychotic people on 'shrooms.

Schz has a biological origin. You'd be doing schizophrenics a disservice by saying that they need to face their illness 'head on' instead of being 'spineless sheep...addicted to harmful pharmaceuticals'. So many advancements have been made in mental illnessess-now it is recognized as biological in origin, and not just in people's heads. It's not something you can just will away with your mind. To think that is to take a step backwards in time.

It is important to remember that schizophrenia has a biological origin, and like many illnesses will biological orgins, medicines can help people live normal lives.

You wouldn't tell someone with cancer that so far nobody has been able to cure cancer, and that their doctors are running away from their "problem" (minimalizing the illness) by giving them harmful pharmceuticals.

Although I certainly think there's some truth in your statement about it being more profitable to keep people sick than healthy right now, I still think that using the meds available are the best treatment we have, right now.
|

replied March 12th, 2007
We are alot more powerful than we realize. I wasnt referring to people with schizophrenia as mindless sheep. I was referring to people that have relied on antidepressants, anti psychotics or other addictive pharmaceuticals for so long that they have become robots and slaves to their medication.

We are way more powerful than we think we are and by believing we cannot help ourselves and that pharmaceutical companies are our saviour we are giving our power away to them and in we become slaves to the pharmaceutical corporations.

Think about all the junkies who dont have the will to lower their tolerance bit by bit and get off heroin themselves. They turn to the pharmaceutical companies to save them from the affliction of herion addiction. The pharmaceuticals offer them a "solution" (methadone) which is nothing but another problem and even worse. The comedown from heroin lasts 2 weeks. The comedown from methadone lasts 2 months. Sadly alot of ex junkies who go on the methadone program are on it for the rest of their lives and are literally slaves to the pharmacy. The pharmaceutical companies have them by the balls. Everywhere they go they have to find a clinic to buy their methadone or face the mother of all comedowns. A methadone comedown.

Its a sad world we live in when the people we turn to for help give us poison disguised as medicine. If we would just open our eyes we'd see its a blatantly obvious sign that we should rely on nobody but ourselves. Become completely independant and for those of you who think its impossible to live without government, authorities etc. just take a look at the indigenous cultures living in the jungle and other unspoilt parts of the planet. Of course they have their problems but they live in complete harmony with each other and the planet they inhabit.

They rely on nobody but themselves. Its a you scratch my back ill scratch yours mentality. You make your neighbour a pair of shoes your neighbour makes you a cough remedy.
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Can't say I understand the last statement, but what you say makes a lot of sense and rings true with me. I believe wholeheartedly that our way of life is the cause of our problems, not essentially only biological problems. If anything, I currently believe that all of us have some potential to become crazy, depressed, diabetic or whatever depending on family history and how our bodies work as individuals. We've simply lost our way. If you look at tribal societies who have been living the same way for thousands of years in some cases, you will almost never find a case of cancer, heart disease, mental illness or the like. Why? Probably because they don't ingest the crap, and as you say poison (which it pretty much is in many cases), that we do. Our bodies were not meant to take what we do to them currently, so the current rise in organics is promising, but not without some risks of its own if you still buy packaged foods. What saddens me and what did upset me in mental health is that doctors rarely, actually never from what I saw, suggested the patients work on healthy diets and lifestyles in conjunction with their medication and treatments. They just pilled them up and pushed them out. In the West we only focus on the symptoms, not the problem, and this only brings us down more. Speaking of which, Daddy man, I have something that I know you'll enjoy and probably will put a lot of things in perspective for you since you seem to like to think. First off, I suggest reading Heidegge, a book called Poetery Language Thought, then perhaps Being and Nothingness by Sarte and then something by Hume. But before that, I invite you to take part in this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi Find it and watch it, you'll love it. It pretty much encapsulates what you said up there into a film with no talking, only endless scenes showing you how much we've harmed ourselves. You may need some tissues, because you may likely cry after watching it. Powerful film. The sequels suck though.
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Cool thanks alot. I'll take a look. I noticed how the doctors never mention anything about a healthy lifestyle and diet in conjunction with the meds they prescribe. I broke my hand 6 months ago and they didnt recommend me eat healthy, or take vitamin supplements or anything to aid the healing process. I even asked it there was supplements i could take to help and they said no.

I think we need to merge eastern and western methods of healing and have the best of both worlds.
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I find this all very interesting. I personally refuse to take any kind of medication. I am not convinced that any of it really helps more than it hurts. BUT I do not have life threatening illnesses that would seriously shorten my life if I did not take meds.

I agree that healthy living along with medicine is the most optimal treatment plan.

I am still concerned, bigdaddy, that you are minimalizing the biological nature of schizophrenia and mental illness. When someone has cancer, they receive medicinal treatments. The time for prevention is over; something must be done immediately. When someone has schz, they receive medicinal treatments. The time for prevention is over, something must be done immediately.

While healthy living and positive thinking are excellent things to do, as we know them now they are not going to treat the immediate and pressing symptoms of either disease. When someone is profoundly psychotic, the most important thing to do to protect them and others is to treat the symptoms, and worry about the etiology of the disease later. Telling them how to eat and trying postive thinking theories isn't going to do it; they are going to hear it or understand it because they are severely mentally ill.

We just have to do the best we can with what we have.

Junkies have an illness. It's called "addiction". It's not a matter of will to quit. They need treatment, too.
|

replied June 19th, 2007
trust me i have been on methadone for over a year, and i would never want to come down on it, why would i it saved my life, i feel great all the time. as long as i have my dose everyday and i dont have to worry about going out chasing drugs everyday i can live a happy healthy life.
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Yes, But.
If a person were to try and do this, they would need the support of everyone they knew, financially, emotionally, all kinds really. And guess what, they aren't going to get it. And you know what that means, to the streets or hospital with you! None of your family would agree with this, everybody is to afraid, including the sufferer. Truthfully, there isn't anyway to face it head on. We're screwed.
|

replied June 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Maybe for some of you the illness is just up in the head, immaterial, and that's why you get ideas of facing it head on. For me, I feel how it has permanently damaged my physical nerve connections in the brain and in the body as well. The sickness has burned right through my body, and no amount of "facing it head on" will turn that back.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
i've talked to a schizphrenic who hasn't taken meds in three years because of shrooms.
He learned to see his disorder from an unbiased point of view, and fix it.

He no longer experiences intense emotions, and he thinks before he acts. he also learned to not rely so much on his memory.

If I went schizo, I would definately go for shrooms.
|

replied June 20th, 2009
Unless you've ever experienced schizophrenia you have no idea what you're talking about. You've just wasted my valuable time reading all this. Good luck with the shrooms.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
Personally i think recommending that people with severe mental health problems such as Schizophrenia should take shrooms is a joke.

How can you recommend a drug that can cause a "bad trip" which can lead to severe emotional and psychological distress?

Personally i'd rather take drugs from the doctor that have had millions of pounds spent on developing, testing and that will work to try and sort the problems out in my brain rather than become dependant on magic mushrooms which i think can only make the symptoms of Schizophrenia worse and try and convince myself that theres nothing wrong with me when there so clearly is.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
if millions of pounds or dollars for the American folks was spent on developing and testing mushrooms which are ORGANIC i'm sure we would find some interesting things. but you cant make money off something you can grow yourself. There are two sides to life, physical and spiritual. someone with schizophrenia has to face both whether they acknowledge it or not. and most do. If you are on this forum talking about how schizophrenia is biological your only looking at the physical side of it. and drugs will only dumb that physical side and never fix the spiritual side.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 12th, 2013
All of you who are dissing this probably have no experience to relate their input to. I've done shrooms. I realized stuff from an unbiased view. First I thought I was dying because I had been so depressed for so long, I was literally drowning in my tears. My best friend basically removed my mask. She asked me what was wrong. Everything poured out. While I felt like I was literally dying, I thought I was going to hell. In my mind I was dying. Therefore, my whole life flashed before my eyes and in that instant I realized I needed to change. I was sick of being a fly on the wall my whole life. I didn't want to keep being a coward. My personality has changed and I believe it has been perfected. Not that I'm perfect. I am content with who I am now. It cured my depression. It made me feel like I do have a purpose in life. It made me realize that my whole life I have been waiting for a perfect moment, I've been afraid, I have been waiting for the world to move. But I can make the world move. Life truly is what you make it. Smile Maybe someone else who had a near death experience can say the same thing. The only difference is that their experience was physical and my near death experience was only in my head. Either way, when you face death you have nothing else to be afraid of. You're left with appreciation for life.

Anyway, my brother is schizophrenic. I want to try this. I believe he'll be who he used to be... normal, funny, popular. After all, everything is in the mind, even your perception. And since your brain chemicals are constantly changing, who's to say that his brain is permanently "imbalanced"?
|

replied April 15th, 2013
Personally I feel that medicines better because....
When you try fighting it with showrooms head on, it is the right path but it's just too much to handle because paranoia must be handled I've step at a time.... The mushrooms help you see too much inside and the only thing left tlthere is paranoia.... The medicines help reduce thethe hallucinations to very few and you can conquer them easily....
So beginning stages I'd saysay medicines and once you know to handle thethe voices, then mushrooms should help get rid of them
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....