Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

!!results From My Appointment!!

I didn't get any terrifc news. I still haven't dilated at all. At my appointment the doctor did an ultrasound to check the fluid around the baby. I'm not sure why, but it had something to do with dilating or labor. I was too busy looking at the monitor and watching ethan squirm...I forgot what the doctor said. Laughing he said he was going to make an appointment for the 16th for me to come back in, so they could check on me and make sure I was okay. Then, next thrusday on the 19th, if I still haven't gone into labor...I have an appointment to at the doctor to get something put in my vaginia to try to start my cervix to dilate (i forget what its called). It has to stay in for 12 hours. If that doesn't work, then the following day on the 20th, they are going to start me on pitocin to try to induce labor and see how it goes. If I still don't dilate..Then they are going to do a c-section. When the doctor was checking my cervix, his exact words were, "that's one stubborn cervix." lol. I also had to start nonstress tests today. Right after my appointment, my doctor made me an appointment at the hospital to do one. I have to do one monday, wednesday and friday of this coming week. For those of you not familiar with a nonstress test, it's where you go to the hospital and you lay in a bed and they hook your belly up to monitors. One monitors your contractions and the other monitors the baby's heartbeat. I left this morning for my doctor appointment at 2:15pm and between going to that appointment and the test at the hospital, I didn't get home until 5:45pm. Overall, it was a long day. I'm still having the pains in my lower stomach from all the pressure pushing down and they are getting worse as the days go by. I lost my mucus plug today, that's one good sign. I'm glad I was peeing when I lost it, instead of walking around at the store or something...That was pretty gross. I also started to be able to feel the braxton-hicks contractions today. They are coming more frequently now. They aren't real contractions though, because they aren't painful at all. It sounds weird to wish on contractions, but I really wish they were real so I could get this whole thing over with already.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Ohh I know what you mean!!!!! Well I bet you will go into labor yourself by wednesday!! Lets hope hey?

~sara~
|

replied February 13th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah! I really hope so!
|

replied February 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
They used cervadil on me to make me dialate. I t should work! My doctor said I have a cervix made out of steel! Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
She and I arent having the best of luck eh?

We both need to go soon...Were both a week overdue today *lol*

but I am a little dialated.....Maybe today maybe today!! *crosses fingers*
|

Extremely eHealthy
Can I just ask what a mucus plug is? It sounds yuck but I still wanna know!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Well chica! Good luck! I hope that baby comes out soon! Must just be too comfortable in there!
Lol
love,
chanda
|

Gosh! No fair...You've started to dilate!! Lol. Well good luck, I hope we both go soon...It's about time!

~*crystal*~
|

If you lost your mucus plug and your feeling what you say are braton hicks,may be your really starting your labor. The beginning of labor doesn't really hurt, it just feels unconfortable. I was in labor for three days with my son. Just remember labor goes by stages, maybe by tommorrow they'll start feeling stronger. Good luck.

Brenda
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...