Hi I was wondering if someone could help me
my son is 2 years old and he weighs 40lbs
he isn't over weight or anything and is very active and eats well
every now and then he stands there and looks into outter space and it is just like he is not there, now I just realized that starts shaking his right hand before he does this.. Can anyone please help me out is anyone has heard of this before. We have gone to doctors test have been done and nothing has been found yet,,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2003
2 Yr. Old Son
Well I have never heard of anything specifically but have you been to a pediatric neurologist with this problem? Try that and see what happens take your child to as many doctors as you can find until somebody gives you an answer. Is there a childrens hospital anywhere near you? I would start there. Let me know what happens. Leigh
|

replied August 31st, 2003
There are several possibilities. Maybe, there is a mild case of epilepsi, where he becomes absent. Maybe some other neurological disorder. Perhapse it is nothing drastic and he just wanders of for a moment, like think something to himself. Everyone has experienced that one or other time - I hope.
Don't worry to much too soon. Just take your child to a pediatrician, a nevrologist and try to get some naswers.

I hope everything will be ok.
Jauzi
|

replied December 13th, 2003
I have a friend who is epileptic and the just stands there and looks absent its a form of a sesure. I would have that checked out at a childrens hospital look on the internet for one in your state or community and also remember that epilepsi is very commonly mis-diognosed and sometimes they cant accuretly diognose it. Its not an easy medical condition to see.

Panda mom
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be due to epilepsy or autism spectrum disorder. I would suggest EEG and psychiatric evaluation.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.