Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

the Doctor Said I'm Too Small!!! :'( (Page 1)

You guys I went to the doctor today and you know how they measure where the top of your uterus is? Well she said that you should be about a centimeter for every week you are. So I am 35 weeks, she said I should be about 35 centimeters. But I am only measuring about 31. She is scheduling me for an ultrasound next week. She said it might be no big thing but i'm worried. She said they would look for obvious problems like low amount of amniotic fluid. She said if worst comes to worst, they would end up delivering him pre-term in the event that they think he would grow better outside rather than inside the womb. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm really worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I haven't but, I have a question..Would they then have to do a cesearan or just induce labor? I have had a cesearean, I am here for you if worse comes to worse, or if things get better, when are you due?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm due march 21. I'm not sure though. I imagine they would try inducing first. But I didn't think to ask. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. But at least i'm 35 weeks and every extra day helps. Thanks girl you're great.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Your welcome, I just asked my grandma, she works for a gyne and she said that it just depends on the person, I am here for you..It all depends on the person and that little one, at least you have made it this far some women arent even that lucky, how old are you?

*stacie*
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'll be 15 on the 15th of next month. Thanks girl that helps put me at ease a bit......I'm still kind of worried though......I hope they schedule it for early next week.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Boy or girl? Girl right? You have everything ready right?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Nope it's a boy. Lol. Joshua blake. I have basically everything. I could still stand to get more diapers wipes and bottles. Lol. But i'm almost there.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Anything that I could do?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have the opposite going on, they said I feel big so I have an ultrasound next week too!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Well girl,
good luck. I hope everything works out well. Keep us posted!
Love,
chanda
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks you guys. I should get a call tuesday to tell me when they can do it. I will keep yall updated and let ya know.
|

replied February 14th, 2004
Experienced User
It's Gonna Be Alright
Hey girl. Don't worry, I think everything is gonna be great. Is there a chance that you could only be 31 weeks instead of 35? Maybe that is why she only says 31cen. Either way I think everything will be fine and you don't need to worry. Think about little joshua and how great he is. Keep a smile and happy thoughts.
Lots of love,
heather
|

replied February 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied February 15th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks girls. I talked to a lady yesterday and she said it very well might have been the way he was laying. But yeah I am definately 35 weeks hearanbaby.....2 ultrasounds already confirmed that. I don't know. Hopefully nothing to worry about. Although dewitt is already convinced he is going to have a midget for a son......Lol.
|

replied February 15th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Awww, sweetie your baby boy will be just fine! I am sure all that cold jelly just made him freeze so he curled up tighter! Don't stress hun, because everything will be great! Congratulations on hitting 35 weeks!! 4 more to go!!

Meg
|

replied February 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, hun, don't worry! Not good for the baby! You are far enough along that if they have to induce, everything will be just fine. No worries. Like the one post said, you may not be as far along as they originally though, they are usually wrong about that! Good luck!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks you guys. I have my ultrasound appointment on friday at 2 o clock. We know that I am 35 weeks for sure though. I think that maybe he was just curled up. And I can't wait to see him and make sure he's alright. I can't wait to see him off screen! Lol.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My ultrasound is friday at 11:30! Where do you live?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I live in florida. A long way from u! Lol.
|

Extremely eHealthy
So when it's 2:00 there what time is it here? Confused 4:00 I think!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...