User Profile
About ovulation etc? I had to explain it to jason but he thinks that u ovulate right after your period ends and then 2 weeks before your period, i tried telling him you only ovulate once a month not twice lol. but he has reason to beleive its twice. a couple weeks ago he thought ovulation and menstruation were the same lmao. men. i just told him when u ovulate is when ur able to make babies to put it simply so he understands i didnt wanna say conceive then he is like whats that haha. i think they should all be aware of how our bodies work. i need to find me a website that says we only ovulate once a month and when that is lol so he dont think im lying to him or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't even want to begin to tell you what my husband didn't know when I met him....oh my! When he realized he knew nothing, he went on woman's health websites to educate himself. He reaaalllly knew nothing. He was truly embarrassed.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yea most guys dont seem to know much or think they know alot but find out they dont at all, i think my husband is still convinced we ovulate twice. i had to laugh when he thouight ovulation was the medical term for your period.
he tried to be nice and get "tampons" at the grocery store , came back with 2 things of pads hehe, i cant stand em so gonna be bringing em back when we get the chance hehe. they try , im suprised he bought any feminine products to begin with lol.
i need to find me some websites to educate him and well prove that i know what im talking abuot, funny thing i learned alot from this website hehe. just reading the posts in this forum and womens health sex or whatnot and stuff
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Community Volunteer
*some* women do ovulate 2 times in one cycle.
*some* women do ovulate right after their period.
*some* women ovulate during their period.

the most typical scenario is to ovulate approx 2 weeks before your period is due.
the drop in progesterone (which is high after ovulation) is what causes you to bleed and shed you uterus lining.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
so then i guess he is smart buti think he was just guessing because we got pregnant with jordynne the two weeks following my period, i always thought u only ovulated once a month. does birth control affect ovulation?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Community Volunteer
most hormonal birth control works by supressing ovulation and thickening the cervical mucus.

this isn't 100% - evident by the fact some people do get pregnant even when using the pill correctly.

it's not common for women to ovulate twice but it does happen.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thats what i figured with birth control but now 100% sure, good to know and yeah i figure that. my sister got pregnant on birth control with her son alex, she was on a lo dose pill.
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kia wrote:
*some* women do ovulate 2 times in one cycle.
*some* women do ovulate right after their period.
*some* women ovulate during their period.

the most typical scenario is to ovulate approx 2 weeks before your period is due.
the drop in progesterone (which is high after ovulation) is what causes you to bleed and shed you uterus lining.

I know that i got pregnant with my daughter right after my period because my husband was working out of town during my period....he came back the day it ended and we had sex the next night then he left for out of town again for 3 weeks and i left for a business trip right before he came home for a week. by the time we had sex again it was like 4 weeks after my period and i was due again for my period......we found out a week later. (oh and i was on b/c for a year and a half)

then with my son...again on b/c, I got preggers and didnt' even know it for about 14 weeks....so yeah....it's not always 14 days bafore your period.

ok just what happened with me.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
according to the website she gave me i conceived april 5th with jordynne, my period ended march 26th. so thats 10 days after my period so i beleive hmm im with the average, i always thoght it was right after my period when i got pregnant with her, but i guess not, jason was only there the 2 weeks following my period the day i went to pick him up in georgia is when i started and ended the day we got backt o fla then he left april 10th to come here to germany.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
were u on bc when u conceived both your kids or just one? and was it the same birth control if u were on it both times?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Community Volunteer
remember you don't neccesarily get pregnant the day you have sex.
sperm can survive inside you for up to 5 days.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Kia wrote:

ah duh, my minds like gone retarded i swear hehe. lately i think of something or about to say something then my minds just blank and im like what. annoying lol
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kia wrote:

yeah i know....sometime within that five days......give or take.

do you think that i would be stupid enough to go back on the same birth control after getting pregnant while on it? I dont' think so.....it was the pill for one and the patch for the other.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ah another common sense lmao gawd im dumb lol todays not my day. the patch would scare me, i feel more secure swallowing a pill then anything else. i dunno maybe im just weird like that hehe. the iud i dunno, i was gonna do that but for now i will stick with the pill.
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tinkinpink84 wrote:
ah another common sense lmao gawd im dumb lol todays not my day. the patch would scare me, i feel more secure swallowing a pill then anything else. i dunno maybe im just weird like that hehe. the iud i dunno, i was gonna do that but for now i will stick with the pill.

yeah well i don't trust either. lol dalicia will vouch with me on the patch! it's no good at all.

and the pill i was on for like 5 years or so and still got pregnant. my husband and i hadn't used any other means of protection once we got married and then 2 years into it....here comes baby. Shocked Shocked
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...