I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant, and I started spotting brown blood today. I called my doctor immediately and they got me in for an ultrasound..... They did a vaginal ultrasound, and I was so relieved when I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time. Smile

The bleeding/spotting has now stopped, but I still don't know what caused it. My doctor said that everything looked good and it was normal is some pregnancies.

However, I do feel reassured.... but I was so scared today.
I never realized being pregnant is so scary.... It's an overwhelming feeling that hit me today like a ton of bricks. It took me 3 years to get pregnant, and I would be devastated if something went wrong.
I pray everything will be o.k for the rest of my pregnancy.

Has anyone had brown spotting for just a few hours and everything still be completely normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Unfortunately, I can't be of any help with the spotting. But it must have been amazing to see your baby's heartbeat Very Happy

I mainly just wanted to wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
brown discharge is a sign that it's old blood. that is always a good sign, if your husband and you have been having sex and he bumps your cervix it could cause you to bleed a little. It could have been a little spotting that didnt' come out right away and is older.

I this happened to me too and i went in too. They told me that brown and light pink isn't bad. Bright red spotting is not a bad thing all the time but that is when you need to worry.

i wish you all the best love.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...