Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Medical Mystery Is What Theyre Calling It...

I am have extreme upper right abd pain right under the rib area for 3 weeks now and the opisite side on my back. With nausea that is unbearable. It is worse after I eat about 30-40 mins. But now the last 2 days has just been a steady consistent pain with severe attacks here and there. As well as sharp pains in the ball of my shoulder and behind shoulder blade.

So far all tests and labs have been normal including HIDA, CT, and endoscopy...

I am going to lose my mind. The doctor is now suggesting exploring the area surgically or even just removing the gall bladder even though nothing "on paper" suggests it. And when I asked she said 99% of the time something suggests something is wrong with the gall bladder.

What would you do? Or what are your thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
its funny cuz it sounds just like gallbladder symptoms, maybe agree to surgery to explore your abdomen. That seems liek the only option you really have to know for sure, All your bloodwork came back normal? Did they do an ultrasound as well? When i was diagnosed with gallstones they just did a simple ultrasound, they were gonna do an endoscopy the folowing day but he founda decent sized stone by ultrasound, said something about the wall of my gallbladder being thick wich im guessing isnt normal or he wouldnt have brought it up. so i dunno. i wouldnt wanna have something ripped out if it wasnt even for sure causing the problems.
Is it after fatty meals or heavy meals, thatmaybe fried or something? Maybe ulcers, who knows but eh exploratory surgery seems like the only option you have to know for sure .
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Sounds Familiar
I had pain that started in my lower right shoulder blade, went clear into my neck and shoulder and reached itno my ribs. It hurt to breath and cough or do anything that was strenuous. I went to my dr and he automatically said gallbladder so he did a us and found nothing. Then the pain started moving down into my stomach and lower right side. So he ordered a ct scan. It ended up being my appendix. I would keep on top of that because my blood count was normal when the checked me for appendicitis before my ct scan and it took a week to figure out. By the time i had my ct scan it showed i was full of fluid and it wasnt until they removed it that they saw it was inflamed and had created that abscess.
Brooke
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Re: Sounds Familiar
If they did a CTscan then I wouldn't think it was her appendix, it would have shown up like yours did.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....