Im thinking about going on the Banana diet, ive been looking on the internet for research and it says that you should only do it once a month or 2 days running.. is there a risk if i was to it for 5 days?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 7th, 2007
Experienced User
what exactly is a banana diet. This doesnt sound to good to me Confused
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 9th, 2007
Experienced User
matt182 wrote:
what exactly is a banana diet. This doesnt sound to good to me Confused

Well your allowed to eat 2 bananas a day and 2 glass's of milk.. And thats it for 2 days running.. i havent tried it as of yet but was thinking about doing it for longer. ive searched on the internet for the health risk if i was to go on and do it for say like 5 days running but i cant really find anything. on the webpage where the diet is it says there is all the vits and mins you need in the the 2 bananas and milk.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 9th, 2007
Experienced User
i wouldn't believe in those kind of things. try something that has already proven to work is your way to go.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 9th, 2007
Experienced User
healthy-model wrote:
i wouldn't believe in those kind of things. try something that has already proven to work is your way to go.

ive been looking for something thats a quick fix and something that doesnt involved buying loads of fancy food i.e friut and veg steaming etc.. too much hassle. bananas and milk seems perfect as i dont have much time in the day anyway... but i understand what you mean.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
louise702 wrote:
healthy-model wrote:
i wouldn't believe in those kind of things. try something that has already proven to work is your way to go.

ive been looking for something thats a quick fix and something that doesnt involved buying loads of fancy food i.e friut and veg steaming etc.. too much hassle. bananas and milk seems perfect as i dont have much time in the day anyway... but i understand what you mean.
fruit and veggies are not fancy and not a hassle.you don't have to steam them. eat them raw! ie carrots,celery,tomatoes,onions.make a salad.eat celery with low fat low sodium (whatever) peanut butter.there are plenty things you can do. eating only 2 banana's a 2 glasses of milk a day is not healthy.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 16th, 2007
Experienced User
louise702 wrote:
matt182 wrote:
what exactly is a banana diet. This doesnt sound to good to me Confused

Well your allowed to eat 2 bananas a day and 2 glass's of milk.. And thats it for 2 days running.. i havent tried it as of yet but was thinking about doing it for longer. ive searched on the internet for the health risk if i was to go on and do it for say like 5 days running but i cant really find anything. on the webpage where the diet is it says there is all the vits and mins you need in the the 2 bananas and milk.


well if it does contain all the minerals and vitamins, the diet wouldnt get the essential amino acids, protein, complex carbo for energy, fat which is essential for the body. i Think you would find you get big urges for food as the body will be unconscioulsy craving other foods to get these nutrients Idea
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 21st, 2007
Experienced User
matt182 wrote:
louise702 wrote:
matt182 wrote:
what exactly is a banana diet. This doesnt sound to good to me Confused

Well your allowed to eat 2 bananas a day and 2 glass's of milk.. And thats it for 2 days running.. i havent tried it as of yet but was thinking about doing it for longer. ive searched on the internet for the health risk if i was to go on and do it for say like 5 days running but i cant really find anything. on the webpage where the diet is it says there is all the vits and mins you need in the the 2 bananas and milk.


well if it does contain all the minerals and vitamins, the diet wouldnt get the essential amino acids, protein, complex carbo for energy, fat which is essential for the body. i Think you would find you get big urges for food as the body will be unconscioulsy craving other foods to get these nutrients Idea


Yes yes i understand what you mean.. But surely two days wouldnt hurt lol Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
just fyi, milk and banannas can constapate you.

ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Re:banana Diet
There is no such thing as a quick fix diet wise. Healthy eating and exercise and sleep is the right thing. I would talk to a doctor or a nutritionist about this diet. You should not get too much potassium, that is bad for you. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
just fyi, milk and banannas can constapate you.

ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


DUde, that's what I thought *immiedietly*!!!!!!!!!

Strain much??

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Banana Diet
louise702 wrote:
Im thinking about going on the Banana diet, ive been looking on the internet for research and it says that you should only do it once a month or 2 days running.. is there a risk if i was to it for 5 days?


Louise, it isn't a good idea to deny your body of that many calories. Your body will just load on the fat when you do begin to eat again - if you've lost any weight at all in a few short days. Which, more than likely, you probably wouldn't.

There is no such thing as a 'quick fix' when it comes to weight. The best thing to do is to monitor what you are eating and even though it sounds really simplistic, count your calories. The easiest way to lose weight with no diet is to burn more calories than you are consuming. You can still technically eat a donut, but you have to count the amount of calories in that donut. Don't fall for diets that tell you what you have to eat or not eat - because you can eat anything, as long as you stay within your calorie range you'll still lose weight.

Most nutritionists and doctors recommend losing 1-2 pounds a week. If a pound is 3,500 calories, you need to consume that many less calories per week.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 27th, 2009
The Banana Diet
By waht I've heard, this is wat you do on Banana Diet,

You eat as much Bananas and Room Temperature water for breakfast until you are full NOT STUFFED.

For Lunch and Dinner you can eat w/e you want, but make sure you eat small portions and not "Junk Food" (Pizza, Fast Food, etc)
And always eat dinner before 7:00 pm and sleep before Midnight.

If you want but YOU DUN HAVE TO DO THIS, you can eat a little sugery snack at 3:00 pm. But don't do this everyday.

I've done this for one week and I've lost 4 lbs. And I wasn't fat to begin with xD For the first time, this is one of the most easiest diet I've ever done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Bananas and milk are both heavy in fat and carbs. Pound for pound they are far from what I would considder a diet-food. In fact they are very effective at generating fat in the body. Your body cannot get the nutrition it needs from that little food. The worse that will likely happen in two days is that you'll tax your immune system and get sick or possibly pass out from simply not having the calories in your system to opperate normally. The best you can hope for is burning 2-3 lbs of both fat and muscle that will promptly return to your body as fat when you resume normal diet.

If you want to lose weight, eat foods that are more nutritious and maintain an elevated level of activity.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 12th, 2011
no milk allowed!!
btw you are NOT supposed to consume milk on the banana diet... no dairy in general, although i still allow myself a few table spoons of half and half with coffee in the morning... must have coffee lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 1st, 2011
my friend tried this and she said she lost 4 stone in 3 months just eating as much bananas a day and 2 pints of milk xx
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 1st, 2011
my frien tried this and she said she lost 4 stone in 3 months just eating as much bananas a day and 2 pints of milk xx
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 2nd, 2011
I prefer to exercise and eat my daily food than this kind if dieting....I will first ask this to those who tried this kind of dieting if it is good or not....
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2018
Experienced User
A good idea. Need to try
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....