User Profile
I'm finally 12 weeks pregnant now, so I'm starting to feel more at ease with things now. I had my scan the other day and omigosh, s/he just looks so cute in there. lol. I was wondering...what should I expect within the next few weeks? and is it normal to already have a really hard tummy? it just feel unreal, i was a little worried cos the midwife at my scan said that bud, (we call him/her) bud for now. anyway yea she said bud was a little small for 12 weeks, apparently they're supposed to be 5cm but my wee baby is only just over 4cm?? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
aww yay, maybe your a week behind or something. Or the baby will catch up, glad to see your doing ok, i guess i wouldnt be worried right now since the dr didnt seem to concerned since theyre still soo itty bitty right now.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2007
Experienced User
I agree they still too small !! But congrats on the 12 week what a milestone hey!! Wink
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2007
Hey thanks girlys. Yea, I mean the woman doing the scan said I was definately 12 weeks but not to be too worried for now and they'll keep a close eye on baby at my 20 week scan. I'm just getting so excited now, wanna start shopping! I'm giving it a few weeks yet thought, mind you same can't be said for my mum, heres me thinking she'll go mad being a grandma at 35 and me being 15 but she's out buying all sorts of baby clothes. ha ha! anyway i'll keep you informed. x
|

replied March 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Finally!
Lauren_Jay wrote:
I'm finally 12 weeks pregnant now, so I'm starting to feel more at ease with things now. I had my scan the other day and omigosh, s/he just looks so cute in there. lol. I was wondering...what should I expect within the next few weeks? and is it normal to already have a really hard tummy? it just feel unreal, i was a little worried cos the midwife at my scan said that bud, (we call him/her) bud for now. anyway yea she said bud was a little small for 12 weeks, apparently they're supposed to be 5cm but my wee baby is only just over 4cm?? Sad

yes its quite normal for it to be hard because your uterus is growing rapidly now to make room ..could be you concieved later than you thought...
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...