Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

Sticky For Medical Abortion Guidelines

Would you support a sticky post containing safe and thorough guidelines for women (teenagers or those living in territories where abortion is illegal) seeking a medical abortion?
Yes
No
66%  66%  [ 4 ]
33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6
User Profile
I was thinking about the individuals who have come to this forum from countries such as the Philippines and some South American nations (where abortion is illegal) and underage girls looking for guidelines and help with the abortion pill, with which they can keep their terminations private. Would anybody object to making a sticky on the main abortion forum giving such females thorough guidelines to how to perform this procedure on themselves? Obviously, the person I think best to actually write the guidelines is Cari, of course if she woudn't mind.

What do you all think?

Kypros.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Anybody?
|

replied March 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Kypros wrote:
Anybody?

Three people so far, lol. I voted yes. I'm not a vigilante, going to bring these abortion methods directly to the countries where it is illegal. By making this sticky, we are not forcing illegal abortion on anyone. Heck, women in abortion-legal countries can benefit from the information. We are giving these women access to safe, reliable info, and faster than if they had to post and wait. Time is of the essence in abortion, and most assuredly so in early-term abortions done through medicines as these abortions are.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
Kypros wrote:
Anybody?

Three people so far, lol. I voted yes. I'm not a vigilante, going to bring these abortion methods directly to the countries where it is illegal. By making this sticky, we are not forcing illegal abortion on anyone. Heck, women in abortion-legal countries can benefit from the information. We are giving these women access to safe, reliable info, and faster than if they had to post and wait. Time is of the essence in abortion, and most assuredly so in early-term abortions done through medicines as these abortions are.

Yep, I agree. I hope Cari sees the post and would be willing to make a contribution should my proposal materialise.

Kypros.
|

replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I voted no because, although I have fully supported .Carifairy's actions in the past, I don't think it's a good idea to have that particular information blatantly available on this site. My concerns would be that by having a 'sticky' on show all the time, it could be construed that this website supports and aids in illegal abortions, which could open it up to all manner of legal consequences.

Also, I'd be worried that impressionable people might read it and attempt a 'home abortion' when they actually have access to a safe, legal abortion. Young, frightened girls could see such information posted on a health forum as being a green light to attempt such activity themselves.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Experienced User
PurestGreen wrote:
I voted no because, although I have fully supported .Carifairy's actions in the past, I don't think it's a good idea to have that particular information blatantly available on this site. My concerns would be that by having a 'sticky' on show all the time, it could be construed that this website supports and aids in illegal abortions, which could open it up to all manner of legal consequences.

Also, I'd be worried that impressionable people might read it and attempt a 'home abortion' when they actually have access to a safe, legal abortion. Young, frightened girls could see such information posted on a health forum as being a green light to attempt such activity themselves.

Hi. Good points, but obviously the content in the information will state that this method of abortion should not be used where safe, legal access to one is available. At the end of the day, the females make the choice, but if we've warned them then we are doing no wrong.

As for getting wrapped up in the illegal abortions facade, people from countries where abortion is against the law have come to these forums before and been aided on how to use cytotec properly to terminate their pregnancies. There is no difference, in my opinion. Both are helping a person to illegally abort their foetuses. As long as the information is correct, loud, and clear, then we are not to blame for anything that goes wrong. I just support that people from these countries have equal rights to obtain an abortion and I will help them if I am able to.

Kypros.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I voted no as well. I don't think it's ehealth's responsibility to sticky post possibly life threatening information of this nature. I acknowledge that people are going to seek out abortions even if they are illegal, but I recognize that the best care is under the guidelines of a trained physician and think that is where the obligation lies.

There could be other aspects of a female's health that could be endangered; something we or she may not even know about.

I don't think it's farfetched that women may read that information and try to use it even if there is a legal alternative, and that could endanger her life.

I'm kind of on the fence, but I sway this way right now. I might be able to be talked out of it...
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...