User Profile
My dad and his wife are in town for the weekend. We decided to take .alyvia for some portraits this weekend, and walmart was having some kind of deal, so we decided we'd go there. We did her .christmas portraits there, so it seemed like a great idea.

We went to eat at .olive .garden first, and we were literally there about two hours. It took forever to sit down, and then forever to get served. Our waiter acted like he was brand new, so he was really nervous and unsure of what to do. He took like 10 minutes bring our refills to us. The salad was disgusting, the breadsticks tasted like cardboard, and he brought my parents' food out 15 minutes before I got mine. My food was almost unedible. I took maybe four bites and pushed my plate away. The chicken was soggy, the alfredo sauce had dried on the noodles, and it made my stomach do flipflops. Ugh.

In the meantime, .alyvia has gone from happy and smiling to grouchy and tired. We were supposed to go to .walmart directly after eating for her portraits. I was getting more and more upset because I really wanted a picture with her smiling! And she was getting tired and pissed! Our waiter came back and asked me if my food was okay, and I said no. He asked me if I wanted the kitchen to remake it, and I snapped at him that we had places to go and we'd been here long enough. I understand he was new, but .jesus! We were supposed to be in and out of there. If we'd known it would have taken so long, we would have eaten after the pictures.

So we booked it over to .walmart, and what. The portrait studio was closed. The business hours said it should have been open, but there you go. We asked an employee where the lady was, and he told us she was working at another location across town. So we drive all the way over there, and they don't even have a portrait studio! I was beyond pissed! They referred us to yet another .walmart about 30 minutes away, and we refused.

So by this point, .alyvia is crying. We decide to go back home so she could take a nap. We called .sears and .k-mart who were both open and available. We decided to look at .k-mart's package first, since they were on the way to the mall. They had a reasonable deal and there was no wait, so we just decided to do it there.

Her pictures turned out beautiful!! She was still doing her Neutral face at the photographer, so I asked my stepmom to sit beside her (they require you to be next to your babies during the session) and I stood beside the photographer behind the camera and she smiled for her mommy. Her pictures were just divine! I was so happy. I can pick them up on the 23rd. They don't put them on cd apparently, so .i'll need to scan them at my inlaw's house. But they turned out so beautiful. We're not going back to .walmart anymore, I don't think. We're going to .k-mart from now on.

We're going back out today. I'm really excited. I shouldn't be awake this early (I woke up at incredibly' 5 am!) but I had yet another nightmare about my mom and decided enough was enough. So I wrote her a four page (typed) letter and emailed it to her. I seriously have issues with my mom, you guys. It's insane. Serious issues.

But anyway, that was my day. Started off bad, got a lot worse, then became awesome. I can't wait to get those pictures back. You girls have never seen .alyvia look as cute as she looks there. Her real smile was finally captured on film, and I couldn't be happier!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sounds like sucha fun day, id be so mad about that too. I hate going places to eat and waiting for hours and get crappy service , when that happens i dont leave a tip or just $1 hehe. im mean lke that but they get what they deserve.
|

replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sorry things started out so crappy. at least you got great pics in the end and i can't wait to see them!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Thanks .diane Smile it did suck, royally. I started off feeling bad for the waiter and being super nice to him, but by the end I was sooo annoyed.

Bridget: they're so pretty! lmao my dad was getting annoyed at me in the car because I kept gushing about them. She looks amazing!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Supporter
Aww hun I'm sorry your day was so crappy at first.. but I'm so glad you're happy with the pics you got! I'm sure .Aly looks beautiful, I can't wait to see them!! =)

<3
|

replied March 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It sucks that your day started off crappy, but it's good that your pics turned out good in the end.

The last time I went to .Olive .Garden the salad was wilted and there was a big ole hair in it. eeeeewww
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I hate olive garden. Mad But I can't wait to see Aly's pics!!! I bet she looks soo pretty!!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dont think i have ever heard someone say that they HATE olive garden :O:O:O id eat there everyday if i could afford it lol theyre building a new one here. i cant wait to see the pics laura!!! i bet shes beautiful!
|

replied March 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry you and .aly had such a rough day, but at least something good came of your day! I can't wait to see her pics!

*Kay, I like your new avatar!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Thankies love! I put the camera on my coffee table and set it to auto. I cheat!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I've just realized that I will never have a relationship with my mom.

I wrote her a four page letter through email this morning, detailing how she's hurt me and how I would very much like a genuine apology so I can move on, and not just justifications and excuses.

She's now telling people that I need therapy, and she's asking people not to "validate my issues".

I feel like putting my fist through a wall. My godmother told me that she thinks I do need therapy, but only to help talk out my anxiety over what my mother has put me through. My mother is either narcissistic, has borderline personality disorder, or something else. She's been on medication. She's been to therapy. She's stopped both.

I wish I could forget about her. I wish I had closure so I could either work things out with her or move the f*ck on. I've tried to go on without closure, and it's giving me nightmares.

I wish I could hate her. THis would be so easy if I could just bring myself to hate her.
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry, Laura. I wish I knew what to say, except not to let her get to you but that's way easier to say than it is to do, I know. I feel like that about my sister. But I just act like she's not even related to me now. Although sometimes I still want to make her apologize.
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I just don't understand why this is hurting me so much. I want so badly to move on, and just for her to say she acknowledges the hurt .i'm feeling. She won't even do that. She is incapable of taking any blame on herself she always puts the blame on other people. And instead of addressing me, she addresses other people and says she's trying to get me to "accept" professional help? Like .i'm a drug addict and she's trying to get me into rehab.

She has documented psychological issues. Her issues, which had been unmedicated for years, directly affected me since I was an only child and the only one directly relating to her. I'm still suffering from that, and she's writing me off like .i'm a 14 year old with adhd or something.

I'm shaking so hard right now. I just can't deal with this.
|

replied March 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I cant wait to see them!! I took Amelia to Kmart to get hers taken last week and they turned out awesome!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...