can you get menopause at a young age and if so how young?
thanks
kim
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Hey! I dont want to scare you but i think menopause can happen at any age. You hear extreme cases where teenagers are going through menopause. I really dont think it has an age restriction but i could be wrong..... Sorry if this doesnt help you!
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Actually when we talk about menopause it is not necessarily for elderly woman....Early or premature menopause is more common than we as a woman realize..It affects woman at about 1%, between the age of 15-45.

If menopause happens before the age of 45 it is what you called early menopause...And when it happens before the age of 40 this is what you call premature menopause.
|

replied April 11th, 2007
wow i never got an email to when u guys replyed sry and thanks for your explaining it helps to know.
|

replied April 29th, 2007
I just turned 48 and I'm just starting to get signs of going through menopause. Confused
|

replied June 2nd, 2007
Perimenopause
Hi I'm 31 and I am going through perimenopause. Perimenopause is the 5-10 year period before you hit menopause. I started having symptoms about 4 years ago. My doctor told me I was to young to have my hormones checked but I knew something was not right. I got a second opinion and all my hormone levels where low. So if you are having symptoms then ask your doctor to check your levels.
|

replied July 28th, 2007
Menopause
I am 34 and I am in full blown menopause.Mine was brought on by Chemotherapy last year.My worst symptom is the hot flashes and night sweats.I have alot of trouble sleeping at night after I have to get up and down,changing clothes and/or sheets.I can't take any estrogen replacement because my cancer was estrogen fed.Seems like a womans misery never ends.

Lisa
|

replied September 10th, 2009
Hi. Im 17 and was diagnosed with premature menopause a month before my 17th birthday.
I don't think there is a specific age, but clearly you can get the menopause at a young age.

Hope you don't get the sickness, hot sweats and tiredness as much as I still am.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....