hi there, just about 4-5 days ago, i was in my garage going into the car, we had two cars inDALING(heating up during winter time) we had the garage door open, but it never seems to go out the door and stays in the garage, so some might go in the house and stuff, but that day was particularly more. i inahled a few breaths that must have gotten into car when i opened the door to go in. anyways, i felt tightness in breathe and was sorta dizzy and weak and tired feeling after wards. it continued on through the day and then later in the evening, i bagan feeling my hands and stuff trembling, not major, very minor.
it continued onto the next few days up till today. dizzyness and tired ness got better, but still some, and then the trembling gotten a little worse.
(when i tremble, its like a tingly feeling inside along with it as well)
and with the dizziness and stuff, along with it is a lot of other symptoms similar to a mild concussion ( when gfoing from dark to bright places, dizzy adjusting to light and such)

but then i went to see the doctor the day after i inhaled it, he said that everyone inhales that stuff everyday, so you shouldnt have carbon monoxide poisoning, he said i was nervous and scared causing my dizzyness... haha... ok fine.. i wont think aobut it so i wont be nervous, but whenever i dont think i about it, i still trembling and dizzy and stuff, so now im really worried, i had a blood test that same day after inhaling it aswell, but it was about 30 hours or so after inhaling it, but on the internet, i saw that the blood test will not show accurate results after it has been such a long time. so then im even more worried ahah...

and on top of that, i found out that the lack of oxygen to the brain because of CO poisoning, can cause brain damage, so taht must be resulting in form of dizziness and tremoring, and previously these past months, ive have a lot of fevers and stuff, and to worsen my brain damage, ive have 1 or 2 previous mild concussion haha... oh dear

so i was hoping to nkow if that amount of car exhaust every winter morning can cause carbon monoxide posioning and if anyone can share similar experiences and if my problem can heal by it self thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think your doc is right on this one. If for some reason you were to stay in the carbon monoxide/exhaust for a while and then go out into the fresh air you would quickly come out of your symptoms.

People who die from Carbon monoxide poisoning go to sleep, that is why they call it the silent killer. Many people who get really sick and die from it never knew they were breathing it. CM has no odor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 3rd, 2007
thanks for replying, but i am still in doubt that anxiety or fear or nervousness symptoms don't last that long and that noticable right? like i understand taht i tremble when i get nervous(school speeches), but i have never been dizzy or anything of that sort.

so you say that if i come out of the area that i should feel fine, ive also heard that from the internet too, but the thing is that ive seen some charts surveying people like if they like feel the symptoms during exposure, and after exposure, and there was a quite the amount that were in "after exposure"... i am very uninformed aobut CO posioning or just inhaling it... so if what you say is right, even if you have some disfunctional appliance in the house and leaks a lethal amount of CO, then when you are out of the house, you are feel no symptoms?? and when you feel no symptoms, is it becuase you are better(cured) or is it just because it goes on without noticing?

so in my case sorta thing, lets say for a long 8 months, we inhale a small amount every morning, so when will we know that be have posioning? weill the symptoms just appear all of a sudden?

thanks

edit: i would also like to add that my head and all my weird symptoms(aside from the trembling) feels like i just had a concussion. sleepiness, weakness, dizzy, etc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 4th, 2007
regarding the idea about symptoms going away after you leave the area, i guess this would be true for something like coughing or what not right? but if there is a lack of oxygen being stored in your cells, then your brain cant get any oxygen righT? then it is certian that your brain will not function properly or feel wierd or something of that sort am i rihgt? dizziness etc should laast, i personally cannot see a reason for brains lack of oxygen to not be noticed afterwards..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 27th, 2009
Attached garages: #1 cause of CO poisoning
Cars in attached garages are the #1 source of carbon monoxide poisoning. You should never, ever warm up your car in the garage, back it out and close the garage door first. If it's cold enough to need to warm up your car, then the air is cold enough to drive it into the house. As soon as you back out and close the garage door, the cold air rushes in underneath and drives the CO straight into the garage and the house. Sheetrock and wall between the house and the garage does not stop the CO poison. The people (mom, grandma, kids) and/or pets left in the house then suffer from CO poisoning.

The best way to eliminate this is to install some exhaust fans in the garage that turn on/off automatically when the garage door is opened/shut. This is a fix that homebuilders and building departments either haven't realized that they need to make the home safe or feel it's too expensive.

This is exactly one big reason why CO poisoning is still, after hundreds of years, America's #1 cause of unintentional poisoning.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...