Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I have been sick so the past 2 months(actually getting sick) and I was wondering what kind of effect this would have on my teeth? I have had braces for a year now and they should be coming off soon, I don't want to waste money getting my teeth straight if they are going to get ruined anyway with me getting sick and all. Does anyone know anything about this, I would appricate a reply. Thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
If you are intentionally making yourself throw up alot...Yes it will ruin your teeth! The stomach acid that comes up along w/vomit ruins your teeth causing cavities and such.

~sara~
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey
I think that you should be more worried about yourself, then your teeth. Ofcourse your teeth are being ruined if your are making yourself vomit, because the acids are eating away at not only your teeth, but your stomach and your esophogas, and your reflux. I don't think you really understand what you are doing to yourself, and I suggest that you get yourself some help.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....