Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Stress During Pregnancy

I am currently 25 weeks i get stressed out and depressed by all the problems i have how does that affect my baby.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Your mind produces cordisol.. Which then travels to the baby and causes him or her to come out more vulnerable to being anxious or scared.. Children with high levels of cordisol also have stunted growth, smaller brain measurements, and are more susceptible to illnesses..
we just had a discussion on this in my child development class last night.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Don't Want to Scare You
I was very stressed before i miscarried (like yelling screaming arguments with bf), its probably not the reason i did but you never know.

i hope your ok
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Reality check! Pregnancy is an incredibly stressful time in a person's life! I don't know a pregnant woman (or any woman!) that hasn't been stressed at one time or another.

If you are having anxiety issues, you should speak to your doctor about what you can do to aleviate some of the potential side affects of that.

And the word is 'cortisol'.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Wow im sorry if im sick right now and spelled something wrong.. But thats amazing that you know more then scientist and researchers. I'm talking about extremely stressful conditions .i.e. abuse, severe depression. I am obviously not talking about the kind of stress over what kind of crib to get.
She asked what it potentially could do to her baby and i answered accordingly.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
vanessalouanne wrote:
Wow im sorry if im sick right now and spelled something wrong.. But thats amazing that you know more then scientist and researchers. I'm talking about extremely stressful conditions .i.e. abuse, severe depression. I am obviously not talking about the kind of stress over what kind of crib to get.
She asked what it potentially could do to her baby and i answered accordingly.

You, apparently, read what I wrote wrong.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....