hey this is kim for any of yyou that have been trying to talk to me ive been really busy but im sry and hope you all understand.
im no longer double scheduling so im here now for anyone who needs to talk!
those of you who dont know me im a nurse specializing in eating disorders so if you need someone to talk to im here dont be afraid either.

stay strong girls and reply to this and let me know whats up with you all
kim
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You should try and become a supporter Smile . There hasnt been to much activity going on around here. I am a Mod right now, well like 2 week trial to see how i do and if i like it then they might put me permanent. Smile so far all is going well Smile
|

Re: Sorry
nursekim wrote:
hey this is kim for any of yyou that have been trying to talk to me ive been really busy but im sry and hope you all understand.
im no longer double scheduling so im here now for anyone who needs to talk!
those of you who dont know me im a nurse specializing in eating disorders so if you need someone to talk to im here dont be afraid either.

stay strong girls and reply to this and let me know whats up with you all
kim

Kim,
Thank god you're here. am i going to die from puking up blood? i refuse to go to the doctor about it. but i need to know, is it really the end of the world? everybody says "it's not normal" "it's serious" blah blah blah of course they're going to say that...of course it's not normal....but from what i've seen in my experience, it's not life threatening.

It seems like it happens when i try to empty my stomach too much. I bet this is a main reason people seek this place out. At least it was my reason. Blood is scary.

your thoughts?

thanks in advance
|

im glad things are well for you tinkinpink

as for you sadie no puking up blood is not life threatening but it can be if you let it go. you could have a tear in the throat or other complications and yes people are right it is serious. you could rupture something if you dont tell someone and then you have a chance of dying. my advice to you is to seek treatment for it because it means somethings wrong. we had a girl here where i treat eating disorders once but in the emergency room come in once she had fainted from her ed. she told us she had bulimia but there was nothing we could do for her sence she was eighteen. the next week rolled around she had come in, shirt drenched in blood which had been from purging she had tore the lining in her throat which can lead to throat cancer. hope this helps im here if you need me.

stay strong girlies
kim
|

thanks for your honesty. Really. It's refreshing.

The cancer part is a bit scary especially since i smoke a pack a day, maybe the lung cancer will get me first.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
you have to think positive

kim
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Yep, Kim is right. Smile
Hugs for all *
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....