Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Ovulation During Menstruation?

User Profile
I learned that one can check the time of ovulation by monitoring the cervical mucus. I also learned cervical mucus should be transparent and really slimy( like egg white ) when ovulating and watery like and dries fast on finger when furthest from ovulation period.

My first day of menstruation was on the feb 07, so supposedly I had to be ovulating on the 20th or the 21st (im on 28 cycle) but when I checked my cervical mucus, the characteristic was of water. clear and not slimy just like water.

What does this mean? That I was not ovulating? Is it possible that my ovulation period falls on same time as my menstruation period? Coz thats the only time I find my cervical mucus as slimy and transparent as ever!

Im really confused. need your help on this. Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2007
I beleive that you can ovulate during your menstration. When I got pregnant a few years ago I was told that I was 8 weeks pregnant (they say it's technically 2 weeks off so "technically" I was 6 weeks) well i ended up having a molar pregnancy and after my surgery my doctor told me that I was exactly 8 weeks and I ended up concieving during my period. So, it is very possible. Hope this helps at least a little.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, you can ovulate anytime of the month, even when you have your period, as odd as that may seem. That is why having sex during your period is not a form of birth control.

Here is an interesting article: http://www.webmd.com/content/article/41/16 89_51580
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2007
Thanks a lot guys for sharing your knowledge.

Accourding to my doctor, I have PCOS. Im kinda scared coz I read that it can lead to heard disease, cancer and diabetic. I think I have to undergo diet. Though I am not really over weight but I guess I better loss a few pounds. Whats your knowledge on PCOS?

Which of you have PCOS?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....