Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Questions About Birth Control

User Profile
So I have been on birth control for a week. I started my pills on the first day of my period. Last night me and my boyfriend had sex without a condom. He pulled out, but I'm still paranoid. I've read birth control protects against pregnancy immediatley but I'm worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2007
I Understand
Very Happy hey...i have the same prob as you exactly...ive had countless people on here tell me its fine...dont worry. It ays your protected SOON AS and they cant lie! Im in the same boat and just finished my first pack yesterday and waitin for my period...dont worry x
|

Extremely eHealthy
It does protect immediately if you start on the first day of your cycle
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thank you so much guys!!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Oral birth control is NOT effective 100% until you have taken it for 7 days. It is always recomended to use a back up method for the first 7 days and it should say that in the insert that came with your pills. But from what it sounds like your saying you have been on then for 7 days before having sex so I wouldn't worry.
|

replied February 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Jaydensmommy wrote:
Oral birth control is NOT effective 100% until you have taken it for 7 days. It is always recomended to use a back up method for the first 7 days and it should say that in the insert that came with your pills. But from what it sounds like your saying you have been on then for 7 days before having sex so I wouldn't worry.

Yes, it is, if you take it from the first day of your period; that's why the doctors and the packets tell you it is. They wouldn't lie.

However, if you start during any other time in the month then yes, you have to wait 7 days.
|

replied February 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey! I just want to say that if you are that worried about falling pregnant you need to better protect yourself with more than the pill. You need to start wearing condoms as well whether you use the pull out method or not!!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...