I am almost Ten weeks and I was wondering can you go and get your nails done while being prego? Like the gel tip ones? I dont want to harm my baby....let me know girls
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i did. go in the morning when the fumes arent as bad. if they have the door open try and stay near it and ask for a mask
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
im not sure but i know you need to avoid certain oils or something and stay away from pedicures (especially later on) cause certain pressure points are supose to cause contractions

but you should try to avoid the fumes, i think they can be harmful, i know they cause me to gag everytime i pass a nail place and my throut startes to close up

be sure to deffinantly tell the person that you are pregnant, you dont want to risk anything, and they *should* know what to avoid

~alicia~
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey! Well I don't know the correct answer because I'm sure the fumes could be harmful, but.. my boyfriends mom and another family friend both own nail salons and worked everyday of their pregnancies with no problems at all. Their children came out healthy as can be. And I also got regular pedicures and manicures while I was pregnant and my little one is just perfect. So I would say go ahead and pamper yourself a little, you deserve it!
|

thanks guys:)
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
The fumes can be harmful but you also have to beware of the fact that you could get a nail infection. You always run that risk when getting your nails done. The chances of something happening are slim to none. I got my nails done throught my whole pregnancy.
|

replied February 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I got mine done during my pregnancy. now if i had to go every week then i wouldn't have but every 2-3 weeks is fine i think, an hour for every 14-21 day isnt' that much fumes.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...