Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

New Member Need Suggestions

Hi my name is marissa I am 20 years old and me and my fiancee want children. But Since we have been together I have had irregular periods. And at this moment I havent had a period for 5 months. I havent went to the doctor since the first time this happen because he said it was just because I was overweight. But I am worried I will never have children. I really dont understand why all of a sudden I would stop having my period.Please anyone give me some suggestion or opinion anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Aww hun

I am so sorry your going through this.

Why dont you try to lose weight. There was one of my friend, who also was unable to concive due to over weight but let me tell that she is now a mother to a cute lil baby boy.

Good luck hun. Hope you find a way soon. hugs
|

I have lost weight and I still dont have a period. And My doc dosent know why I dont have a period. It has just been the last year that this has been going on. Before all this I was regular and never missed a period and it even started on the same day ever month.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
marissa20 wrote:
I have lost weight and I still dont have a period. And My doc dosent know why I dont have a period. It has just been the last year that this has been going on. Before all this I was regular and never missed a period and it even started on the same day ever month.

Thats really sad HUGS, why dont you try to change your DR. Maybe a new DR may bring new hopes.
Good luck.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am also trying to get pregnant and am having a hard time with it. I can't give you any information about why you don't have a period, but I think there is some type of medication that can help onset a period. If you aren't having a period, you probably are not ovulating. I agree with Vol - maybe try to find a new doctor.

Also, I wouldn't stress to much about it. You are still really young and still have a lot of time to be able to conceive.
I have been trying for 6 months now with no luck. I am getting ready to go to the fertility doctor, because I have been off bc pills for 6 1/2 years now and still nothing.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2007
Experienced User
i would get a new Dr or at least a second opinion. you obviously aren't ovulating and that is a cause for concern. you can't get pregnant without it! i would get real pushy! and unless you are, sorry if this sounds mean, extremely overweight it might be due to somethign else. i know plenty of overweight people that have gotten pregnant. like 60+ pounds overweight. good luck!
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2007
I'm sorry about the bfn...

Listen, you really should see a OBGYN. If you aren't having a period, you probably aren't ovulating. I know, because I am in the same boat. I had hormone testing the day I went off of the pill (a few months ago) and I am perfectly healthy, but I don't get (and have never had!) regular periods. I'm not overweight myself, so that line your GP gave you is a load of rubbish, as far as I'm concerned.

Your OBGYN can put you on a drug called clomid which will make you ovulate. I've heard that it works so well, you can chart your ovulation time down to the day!

I'll be asking my OBGYN to put me on it at my appt on Tuesday.

Good luck!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....