Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Dh Is So Not Understanding!!!

User Profile
i am so frustrated! i am almost 10 weeks now, and i have no desire whatsover to be sexual at all. i have been told this is very normal. he is getting upset because i don't want to be bothered with anything like that most of the time. i just feel tired and bloated and like i just want to sit without someone coming on to me. i know that might sound cold, which he said i am cold and distant, but i can't help it! how can i get him to understand how i feel right now??? am i crazy?? i have done other stuff for him just not actual sex. advice please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i lost all sexual desire and now i have a 9 month old and still never feel like it.. sometimes i have to force myself because otherwise our relationshipt would turn to sh*t .
my bf doesnt understand it either.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
he sounds like a jerk. if he's mad at you because you don't feel like having sex, then that's ridiculous. you're carrying his baby. you're going through so many changes & he should be supportive of you. pregnancy isn't easy. & .it's completely normal to lose your sex drive. it isn't fair that he's angry with you for not wanting to have sex with him. i hate men like that. sex is important in a relationship, of course. but for him to get angry..
|

User Profile
Experienced User
that is funny, i have had that jerk response from other people!
i just wish he would understand that it isn't because i don't want him but i just don't want anything at all, ever! anytime my hormones are messed with i lose my sex drive completely. the clomid did it to me too, but not this bad. i am glad that the pregnant ladies know how i feel or i would feel like i was the crazy one! i think he just doesn't like being rejected all the time. and that is understandable but i still can't change it. and i don't want to lay there like a lump either!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I am 14 weeks and have no desire either. I am hoping that as I get further along I maybe will because I feel so bad for my dh. He tries sometimes but I have to say no (mainly because I have been getting infections) and he just gets a sad puppy dog look and I feel terrible. He says that he feels like he is single again only he has to sleep next to the girl that he has a crush on. Oh well, I am trying to make him feel better so I told him he could pick out the boy's name. Unfortunately he chose the name Titus. Oh boy, I am praying for a girl!
|

User Profile
Supporter
i had a small drive when i was preggy, but now that im not preggy i dont really have one, i miss it.... shawn misses it too... i wish it came back
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I was the complete opposite when I was pregnant. I think if anything, I was hornier Laughing

.Michelle
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It's worse when you are instructed to not have sex by your doctor due to pregnancy.

Now even if you didn't have a desire before, the mere thought of not being able to makes you want it all the time. Imagine - around 9 months no sex...crap!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i had nooooo drive at all for most of my pregnancy. but ever since .i've been like 27wks or so, my sex drive has been offfff the hook. it's even worse because .chris is scared to have sex. he keeps thinking that my water is going to break all over his winky. Rolling Eyes Laughing
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
arcadia wrote:
i had nooooo drive at all for most of my pregnancy. but ever since .i've been like 27wks or so, my sex drive has been offfff the hook. it's even worse because .chris is scared to have sex. he keeps thinking that my water is going to break all over his winky. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing My husband was like that, too.
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
i hope mine does come back at least a little. thanks everyone for letting me know i am not alone! i think he just needs to realize how it is with a pregnant girl! it is still annoying though!
i went to the Dr today and my baby has arms! hooray!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...