Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

I'm So Aggravated!!

Ava is getting too darn big for me to walk around with her for 30 minutes before every nap and at bedtime. I try putting her down "drowsy but awake" it doesn't work. I tried doing that and letting her cry for 45 minutes one day. I went in every 5-10 min. and rubbed her belly. At one point I sat there with my hand for her to hold while I read a magazine. I refused to let her cry any longer. I try putting her down sleeping. It doesn't work. I'm so frustrated. I want to put her in her own crib at night near our bed, but if I'm having this much trouble for naps I know that she'll never want to sleep in her crib at night. I don't know what else to do. Those people that write those books need to come over here and show me what to do.

I love to co-sleep with her but she gets so restless from 2-6 am that I can't sleep at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hun you gotta stick to a schedule.

take her in the room, lay her down, and then sit ur butt on the floor in her room, and .D.O .N.O.T .L.O.O.K .A.T .H.E.R!! you sit there until she eventually falls asleep. Let her cry. You have to show her you mean business.

After doing it for a few days it will work. Dont leave her alone. Stay in the room, but each time you sit down , sit closer to the door each day by about a foot til your right by the door. Stay there a couple days then start siting in the doorway. After that point she should have realized u mean business and she'll know that its easier to just go to sleep and get it over with rather than fight it.

AFter that you should be able to just go lay her down and leave the room.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I can't do that during the day, I work. My mom would have to do it and I don't know if she would. I put her down drowsy about to fall asleep and she just starts playing the second I put her down. She smiles when I go check on her. I'll try it again without looking at her, but that's what I did last time and she just cried for 45 minutes.
|

Especially eHealthy
try it at night.

and u gotta do it for a few days.. not just 1 or 2. more like, a week.

its annoying and tiring but totally worth it.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think we're about to do the same thing.

Aaron wants .alyvia out of our bed. He's terrified that, since she's starting to scoot, she's going to flip out of bed and hurt herself. Her crib is only a few feet away from our bed, but she panics when she's not with us.

I think we're in for some long nights... Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
keep me posted
i want to know how it works for you
|

Extremely eHealthy
i put christian is his crib from 8 pm until 1 am when he wakes..after that he stay in bed with me the entire time and i hate because he squirms also from about 4 -6 am and i dont sleep ....i think ill start putting him back in his crib after his feeding...and i also agree that u should let her cry a little more but make ur presence known
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
jessesgirl wrote:
keep me posted
i want to know how it works for you

*sigh* I have the most dramatic baby on this .earth. I'm sure you'll have an easier time than I will. Neutral
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....