Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Had a Baby Already? (Page 1)

Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you have had a baby? The reason i'm asking is because i'd like to know about how long it takes to get back in shape afterward. I know it takes a longer amount of time after a c-section than after a vaginal delivery. And also, is it possible to get a toned stomach again after a c-section? I've heard different stories about it. I find myself having nightmares about a saggy tummy. Lol. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Experienced User
I am 19 and had my daughter at 13, I am preg with my second. It took about 3 months for me to get back down to where I was before I got preg. After I got back I started to not care! Lol when are you due?

Kel
|

Extremely eHealthy
After my first I was in jeans and I had a better body than I ever did in a week and I did have a c-section! But after the twins my body wasent as great-i got wrinkles on my skin-i guess they are tiny streach marks but they have no color. I took about a month to shrink back to my regular size. Everyonne is really different though.
|

Extremely eHealthy
She was due on the 7th. So she's a few days overdue
|

Active User, very eHealthy
My Due Date
I was due february 7th. If I don't go into labor by this friday, the doctor is scheduling induction between the 15th and 18th next week.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Great! You'll have that baby soon! Have you tries anything to go into labor??
|

I've tried walking, but now i'm to the point where I can't really get around too well. My entire pelvic area is so sore from the weight of ethan pushing and moving around and my ligaments feel like they're about to snap. Other than that, I haven't tried anything to bring on labor. Any suggestions?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I've heard having a orgasam Laughing if thats possible at this point!! Drinking castor oil, and nipple stimulation. But who knows if they work!
|

Lol Laughing yeah, it probably isnt possible at this point. Thanx for the advice. I'd heard the nipple stimulation one, but I was a bit skeptical. I guess it never hurts to try though!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I took a few weeks after my 1st, a few months after my 2nd, and it's taking a few years after my 3rd (my 3rd was a c-section).

Jennifer Laughing
|

What was it like having a c-section?
|

Extremely eHealthy
It was hell! I had heart failure, then developed pneaumonia, couldn't see my baby (or kids) for 6 days, then had a hard time taking care of day to day chores at home. But it doesn't go that way for everyone, that was just my experience.

Jennifer Laughing
|

replied February 12th, 2004
Omg..Now i'm scared of a c-section!! I'm thinking i'll probably have to have one, but now i'm freaking out
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would much rather have a c-section that labor! It's not that bad!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Don't be scared! For most women, c-sections are normal (safe) procedures...That's y I posted that it was "my experience". I just don't take to surgery well.

Jennifer Laughing
|

Ouchies!
I woke up this morning with a really strange pain in my lower stomach. It's underneath my belly completely. It isn't a contraction type pain or a constant pain. It only happens when i'm leaning forward, or standing up from sitting down. It also happens sometimes a certain way I sit. It feels almost like a gas pain, but I don't think it's possible to have a gas pain that low down. I thought I might have a bladder infection, but it doesn't hurt when I pee. It doesn't feel like ligament stretching either. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, should I just wait and ask tomorrow? Or if any of you guys would have any idea what it might be, that would be great. =)

~*crystal*~
|

Extremely eHealthy
It could be the baby. Try laying down and rubbing your tummy...Maybe it will move the baby and the pain will go away. If that doesn't work, then I would see if you could get an earlier appt.

Jennifer Laughing
|

Hey
My cousin lost the baby weight plus some only a couple days after having her son.
|

Well, I called my doctors office and all the doctors were gone, so the secretary let me talk to one of the ob nurses and the nurse automatically assumed they were contractions. These pains are not contractions. They only last for like 2 seconds and they're more of a sharp pain than a crampy feeling. My stomach doesn't tighten up with I have one either. The pain mainly happens when I lean to one side or if I sit straight up or if I lean over forward. One of my friends told me that I could find out if they were contractions by taking a warm bath, because warm water makes contractions stronger. I took a bath and it actually made me feel a little bit better, so I don't believe they are contractions at all. I'm really not sure what they are. Maybe the baby is just getting too big in there and now it's starting to put pressure on things and maybe that's what's causing these awful pains...All I know is that it hurts!! Crying or Very sad
|

It's time for bed now, and i'm still having those pains. I think I know what it is now..Although i'm not totally sure. I think it's from his head moving further down into my pelvis. I feel a lot of pressure really low down...Almost like when i'm standing up he's going to fall out. So...I hope I go into labor soon. I just really want to be done with all this pain. Crying or Very sad
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...