heyy..i have been smoking weed for seven yrs. there were times i would smoke up to six blunts a day, starting when i first got up. i spend soo much money and it takes alot of weed jus to get me a high. i REALLY want to stop. all my friends are cutting down or stopping. i jus can not seem to stop. it never has affected my life, meaning i get good grades in school and i have a job. but that was always my excuse, since i can handle it why not? any1 wit advise...how do u handle the urges?????? HELPPPPPPPPPP
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 7th, 2007
I Feel You
I know how you feel. I've been smoking for about 5 years (I'm 23), as many blunts as you, sometimes more, everyday. I couldn't remember a single day that I hadn't smoked. Finally, I decided it was time to make a change to get healthier and feel better about myself. It has only been about week and a half and I am having some pretty crazy withdrawals. Headaches, loose stools, lack of appetite, etc. Now when I think about it too much I just grab a 40 and smoke a cig or two. It doesn't give me anywhere near the feeling that weed does, but it helps me get through the day. After I pass my drug test at my new job, I honestly think I could go back to smoking on a casual basis, like maybe just before going to bed. But I am scared to do it again, to get hooked again, and end up in the same place I've been stuck for so many years.

I've tried to quit dozens of times over the last 2 years, and could never go a day without it. The fact that your friends are all gradually quitting should help you alot, it sure helped me. The best advice I can give you is to stick with it. After a week or so (or sooner even), you may feel withdrawals at certain times in the day, but overall I think you with feel alot better. Good luck =)
|

replied March 16th, 2007
I too smoke alot of weed. Every day, I hate going one day without it. And if I can't smoke then I usually drink. I'm like addicted, I just want it. I spend way to much money on it too. But i just get so stressed! I have tried to cut back, but it doesn't work.
|

replied April 15th, 2007
Don't
Don't drink liquor as substitute to weed if you don't eat normally. That's what happened to me. I tried to quit, so I lost my appetitite, and i cant sleep, that's what happens right? I ate very little during meals, i cant do anything about that, but the sleeping part, that's easy! NOT! drinking alcohol can easily put you to sleep but with little food on your stomach, it can cause stomach ulcer and other digestive problems, worst than not being able to sleep. If you can't eat normally, don't drink!

When i tried to quit weed for the first time, offcourse i lost my appetite, i started throwing up everything i eat and drink everytime. At first I thought it was a withrawal syndrome. So i seek pro help. But the doctor said that it was because of smoking too much (smoking can cause acidity as well as alcohol) on an empty stomach. I didnt tell him i drank beer at night to help me sleep but i know it's has the same effect as alcohol, only alcohol is worse. I knew drinking beer was not good but i didnt think it was that serious and i was really desperate to have a good night sleep.

Well it only happened because i ate little. But if you think what you ate (inspite of apetite loss) is enought to balance the acidity in your stomach even with alcohol, then, DRINK UP MAN! eventually you'll forget about weed...
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
How to Get My Husband to Stop Smoking Pot
HE FIND ANY EXCUSE TO SMOKE ALL DAY LONG HOW DO I KNOW HIM BEING STARIGHT I AM TIRED OF ASKING HIM TO STOP. IT HAS GOT TO THE POINT THAT I GET YELL AT FOR GIVING ATTITUTEW ABOUTT THE POT SMOKING. HE THINK IT FIND AND GOOD TO DO IT . BUT HE HAS NO IDEA HOW IT AFFECT ME AND HIS FAMILY. I REALLY FEED UP I WANT TO JUST GET UP AND LEAVE HIS A** BEHIND HE JUST DOES'T CARE ANYMORE.
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
PATTY2369 wrote:
HE FIND ANY EXCUSE TO SMOKE ALL DAY LONG HOW DO I KNOW HIM BEING STARIGHT I AM TIRED OF ASKING HIM TO STOP. IT HAS GOT TO THE POINT THAT I GET YELL AT FOR GIVING ATTITUTEW ABOUTT THE POT SMOKING. HE THINK IT FIND AND GOOD TO DO IT . BUT HE HAS NO IDEA HOW IT AFFECT ME AND HIS FAMILY. I REALLY FEED UP I WANT TO JUST GET UP AND LEAVE HIS A** BEHIND HE JUST DOES'T CARE ANYMORE.

please no caps.
honestly, weed is harmless. Sure I've smoked it twice just to try it; but I don't smoke it...but I have several friends who do smoke. For most people, it actually helps. Acouple of my friends are actually smarter while under the influence. Several skateboarders and BMX riders go to the skateparks under the influence to improve their abilities. Rolling Eyes again it's harmless. Sorry that I don't have an answer for you and that you're having troubles with your husband.
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Re: How to Get My Husband to Stop Smoking Pot
PATTY2369 wrote:

you know what, i think you should try leaving him, for a while, tell him it's because of the weed, and tell him that you'll only come back if he get's rid of it. he'll leave it if youre worth it. if he can't leave it for you, he's not worth it. i don't really think talking to him can make him stop. weed is more powerful than that! and talk to him when his sober, so he's more sensitive. cause a stoned person can always find a good reason to smoke weed and you can never win no matter what! and also try showing him "excess" appreciation everytime he's sobber. just be patient. if he can't totally quit it, because it's not really easy! tell him to at least minimize it. it's the first step to quitting. don't entertain him when he's stoned. so whenever he has to see you, he can't smoke!
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Re: Weed Weed Weed
mely21 wrote:
heyy..i have been smoking weed for seven yrs. there were times i would smoke up to six blunts a day, starting when i first got up. i spend soo much money and it takes alot of weed jus to get me a high. i REALLY want to stop. all my friends are cutting down or stopping. i jus can not seem to stop. it never has affected my life, meaning i get good grades in school and i have a job. but that was always my excuse, since i can handle it why not? any1 wit advise...how do u handle the urges?????? HELPPPPPPPPPP

use a smoking pipe or bong instead of using blunts. it works if you want to quit. it saves weed, minimizes your intake so your dosage gradually lowers. this is a great way to start. "it takes alot of weed jus to get me a high" try not to smoke the whole day and only smoke at night. if you smoke at longer intervals, the effects are greater with just little weed. it's hard but hey, you gotta start.
|

replied May 5th, 2007
Supporter
Quitting Pot
This is undoubtedly the most brainwashed generation ever. I started smoking pot in 1968 and a few months ago, know what I did ? I quit. That's it, I just quit. Appetite stayed fine. Slept just like always. Craved it a little at first, but not long. It's psycologicaly adicting, but not very. Most young people today have no idea what it is to go without anything. You're spoiled rotten. If you want to quit just do it. The cravings diminish and go away entirely in a month or so. If they don't you have a problem other than this "adiction". Did they start you on drugs when you were young? Ritalin(sp) has raised a generation of drug users. Pot is not even a drug, it's an herb. It should not be used by students as it does cause memory loss. We didn't mix it with tobaco. We rolled joints with paper. It may be the nicotine that you're addicted to and not the pot. Try rolling your weed with cigarette papers and see if the symptoms don't persist.
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2009
Wow
I totally understand almost everybody who posted except for redjohn ahaha. I am too trying to quit weed and have been having a really hard time. I started smoking pot daily at 15, and now it has been 5 years and I still cannot quit. The past 2 days i've been trying to cut down and I feel like it is soooo hard. I have a vaporizer, so i've been trying to just stick to that sometimes, since it is a healthier way to smoke, but I really want to cut down to just once or twice a week! It is so hard, and I totally understand mely21 because I am in university and work part time and function fine when I smoke weed...but I just really want to stop depending on it Sad
|

pots the poo...so take a big wiff
There are no proven facts to what the negative affects are of marijauna. I been smoking almost 11 years now, but it's a choice, I could quit if I wanted to, but I don't want to. Say it's a typical addict thing to say, but if you knew me you would see how I am. All drugs to me are a psychological thing. If you think you are doing something you may just start to feel what you think you are doing. I can smoke a bowl and make sure it gets me blown off my ass. It's a mental thing. THC is in pot, THC has no affects other than basic food cravings and laziness. There isn't tar in weed so it isn't going to hurt your lungs, and it isn't going to give you cancer. Do some research people. I know very few people that smoke more than me, yet I am still really smart (not to brag). If you want to quit or cut down then do it. Make yourself think you just had a giant fat ass blunt into your lungs, when you really just took a fat rip off a bong or bowl. It will probably get you high like you smoked a blunt. It is all MENTAL. Now I am going to go smoke a bowl because I feel like it mmkayy? dueces

Dusty xoxo
|

Supporter
weed, weed, weed
First of all, no two people react exactly the same to pot. There are a number of different cannebonides in pot. The best known is THC, which gets us stoned. Another gives us the,"munchies". Still another makes us sleepy, etc.
I feel a bit ashamed as I read my original post, as I seemingly minimized your issue, and had no right to refer to anyone as being, "spoiled rotten".
I still hold that Ritalin, and many other childhood drugs, are prescribed too liberally, and introduce the child to very hard drugs, which can lead to adult substance problems down the road. Virtually all healthy eight year olds are hyperactive by adult standards. This, however, is another topic altogether.
Just because I had no serious trouble quitting, doesn't mean that it will be the same for another.
What to do... Breaking ties with friends is usually not a practicle answer. We all love and cherish our friends. I have little faith in "geographical cures", because wherever I am, I'm still there. If I want to smoke pot I'll find it. Smell is an obvious trigger, so before your friends fire one up and pass the joint, blunt, or whatever, your way, you could leave. Could be seen as rude, though. You could always remind yourself of the possible consequences of getting caught with it, depending on your state laws, and family ties, etc. You could eat first, and stay well hydrated. You could, could, could...
One thing's for sure, though. In the long run, you'll have to put it down. You, and nobody else. It's your own mountain that you have to climb. I've been repeatedly addicted to hard drugs, and mixtures thereof.(something that I'm certainly not proud of) Maybe that's why I minimized your problem, but I can't make excuses. I'm still totally responsible for everything that I say, or do.
I'm not, thank heaven, a Doctor. Anyway, laugh at me, laugh with me, but by all means keep laughing, and remember that, long after we're dead and gone, none of this will matter anyway.
Prayer can be your best friend. There is One who loves you dearly, and will never turn away. sunny
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....