Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

a Very Large Pimple Keeps Coming Up In Same Spot On My Neck.

This has been going on for about 5 months now. The pimple will start off real small and very sensitive on the left side of the back of my neck. After about 4 or 5 days it starts to get big, red and mushy. It then takes another 4 or 5 days until white puss to start showing under the skin. A few days of this, it eventually ruptures while showering or during sleep. I'll then have about 1-2 weeks with clear skin and then it starts all over again. Has anyone dealt with this, or know what may be causing it? I do get the occasional pimple on various parts of my face, but not in the same spots like this. Thanks. - JR
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: a Very Large Pimple Keeps Coming Up In Same Spot On My N
JRandall04 wrote:
This has been going on for about 5 months now. The pimple will start off real small and very sensitive on the left side of the back of my neck. After about 4 or 5 days it starts to get big, red and mushy. It then takes another 4 or 5 days until white puss to start showing under the skin. A few days of this, it eventually ruptures while showering or during sleep. I'll then have about 1-2 weeks with clear skin and then it starts all over again. Has anyone dealt with this, or know what may be causing it? I do get the occasional pimple on various parts of my face, but not in the same spots like this. Thanks. - JR

I get recurring pimples on my butt cheeks....no lie!! I have very nice skin on my face, but after menstruation I get some on my a$$ cheeks. I have asked the doctor, and they said it was normal, people get pimples anywhere there is skin. Don't get me wrong...my butt isn't polluted with them or anything....
They get large, almost like a boil, and very sore!!!!, sometimes it hurts when i sit. They are always in the same spots too. I would think she would send me to a dermatologist or somehting but she hasn't.

No they are not S. T. D..'s for anyone who wants to write a reply.....
|

replied February 27th, 2007
Experienced User
ingrown hair I think. Get some one to look at it when it starts to hurt and see if there is one there.
|

replied March 20th, 2007
It sounds like an ingrown hair. Do not try to get the hair out yourself. Picking at it too much will leave you with a nasty scar and/or a permenant bump.
|

replied May 10th, 2007
I hope you have found relief as you posted your concern quite awhile ago. I had one of these too, last year. I knew I had something on my buttocks cheek for some time. But it never really bothered me. It didn't look like a pimple. Then all of a sudden, this thing started getting bigger and very sore and red. I couldn't sit, It hurt so bad. I thought I had some sort of cancer and was so scared to find out. I was advised to see a dermatologist who eased my mind right away. He said they happen all the time. He even had one once before. These can come from ingrown hair or whatever else could cause a pimple, but the main thing is that they can be very very deep in the skin or they can be on top of the skin like a normal pimple. He prescribed a general antibiotic for me. It did take a while for it to finally go away. I guess it was about 3 weeks time before I noticed a difference. But I don't think it would have gone away on its own. I also saw a surgeon who said if the medication didn't work they could cut it out. But he recommended antibiotics usually work best. And it did in my case, and my case seemed to be pretty bad. Good luck!
|

replied May 21st, 2010
yea i get the exact same thing only right next to my eye kinda on the top of the bridge of the nose, i dont no how to prevent it but i got tips to speed up healing, use a extremly hot towel on it. use rubbing alcohal aswell. i also get it on my left side of the neck and it poped but has not heald its been several months it will scab bleed and scab again, and my doctor wont recomend me to a dermatologist. good luck.
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....