User Profile
Hey guys.. This has nothing to do with pregnancy. About 3 weeks ago I noticed a bump on my inner thigh.. Didn't think anything of it because all I thought it was, was a pimple. About a week later, it was still there so I tried "popping" it because I still thought it was a pimple.. It bled a little bit & I looked later that night & it was black & blue. Now this past week it has been itching like crazy. The black & bluenish (new word anyone?) went away but lastnight I was checking it out & now there is a perfectly round circle going around this bump. Lastnight it was swollen but today it hasn't been at all... Just extremely itchy & the pinkish circle going around it is very visible. The only way I can think to explain it is it literally looks like there is a boob growing out of my leg! Crazy I know, but I can't really think of any other way to put it. I mean, I can take pictures of it if it helps to figure out what it may be... It's scaring me because my mom told me it might be a cyst or a boil? I don't know anything about either of them. When I type in "itchy bump on inner thigh" on google all that comes up is .Std's.. I know it's not that... Has anyone else ever had anything like this??

.Michelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I went to the doctor today & explained to her everything that I wrote above & she said it sounded like a boil... She did my pap & after she was done with that she checked out this wonderful nipple looking thing on my leg. She decided that she wanted to drain it & when she did that it bled a little bit then all kinds of puss came out. After she got all the puss out of it she said she still saw something black in it but it wasn't coming out so she came to the conclusion that it must be a bug bite that got infected Neutral She told me to either soak in a warm bath which is completely out of the question because I have .Kaylee to take care of or to just keep a warm washcloth on it & she gave me a prescription for some antibiotics that I have to take for 7 days. It still looks really nasty & it looks like there's more puss in there now but I'm not touching it.. Yuck Confused But yeah, I told you guys I would keep yah posted on what I found out.. Nothing serious, thank .God!! I was really worried Embarassed

.Michelle

Last edited by OctoberBaby06 on February 22nd, 2007 06:36 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Maybe a boil... I dunno though hon Neutral are boil symptoms similar to what you have?
|

replied February 19th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
I get the same thing but mine come 2 at a time. I wish I knew what they were too. No dr or insurance to find out tho. If you find out please pm me to let me know thanks.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I just did an essay for my biology class on boils. What you have described are basic symptoms of a boil. Do not try to pop it for the fact that the infection with in them are contagious and make more pop up. You need to take a hot wash cloth to the area (as warm as you can handle it) this will bring the infection to the surface, you will need to do this about 2-3 times a day. After the wash cloth procedure clean the area with alcohol then place a bandage over the area so that the drainage will not transfer to other area or other people. After you have touched the area make sure you wash your hands you don't want them showing up on your face. The itching is also common don't scratch. I hope that I have been of some help and that it goes away soon. I read that it could take 5-7 days for it to go away.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks a lot!! I'm going to make a doctors appointment today but I won't be able to go until thursday which sucks. Sadie lynn, I will let you know what I find out..
.Michelle
|

Especially eHealthy
do not pop it. The secretions could lead to many many more boils.

The info that the above poster gave, was awesome!!

We all know I do skin, so if it continues to give you problems, seriously, go to a dermatologist.

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks .Sarah. Gahh this is worrying me. Are cysts/boils really a serious thing? I mean what could come out of this? I just called & made an appointment for Thursday. Man, it seems like since I had .Kaylee my body is just falling apart!

.Michelle
|

Especially eHealthy
this could easily be a sign of a staff infection.

Let me know how it goes!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Crying or Very sad

I'll keep you guys posted.. I'm gonna go google some more information Embarassed

.Michelle
|

Extremely eHealthy
it could be an ingrown hair. Also sounded like ring worm to me. ack!!!!!!!!! sorry love.

I am sure that a doctor could tell you and give you something to help it out.

let us know.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's what .Shane said it looks like is ringworm.. But I always thought yah got ringworm from cats sh!tting in sandboxes lol ?? I know I'm probably way off on that one, I remember my mom telling me that when I was little though!

Thanks for all the ideas of what it could be, I'm googling everything now to see if I can find some pictures of what mine looks like.

.Michelle
|

Especially eHealthy
Don't waste your time googling it. It'll give you waaay too many things to look at.

Plus, it can scare the sh't out of you if you click on the wrong on!!!

All your prob need is some antibiotics. You more than likely have a staff infection of some sort.

Sarah
|

Advanced Support Team
i showed mine to my mom when i have them and she said that it did not look like ringworm...thank god for that. but when i stuck needle in it ( i wont do that anymore thanks for info on hot cloth ) it came out black yuk.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
OctoberBaby06 wrote:
That's what .Shane said it looks like is ringworm.. But I always thought yah got ringworm from cats sh!tting in sandboxes lol ?? I know I'm probably way off on that one, I remember my mom telling me that when I was little though!

Thanks for all the ideas of what it could be, I'm googling everything now to see if I can find some pictures of what mine looks like.

.Michelle
you can get ring worm from nasty water (like from walking barefoot outside,or from rusty metal.maybe your razor had a bit of rust on it when you shaved?)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Melissa_20 wrote:
OctoberBaby06 wrote:

.Michelle
you can get ring worm from nasty water (like from walking barefoot outside,or from rusty metal.maybe your razor had a bit of rust on it when you shaved?)

Yeah my razor was pretty bad, I just threw it away a couple days ago .. God why didn't I think of that..

& yeah .Sarah, googling this is scaring me more ... I hope that's all I need is some antibiotics & that it's not something really bad. Now I'll just be counting down to Thursday at 1pm for my doc appointment...

.Michelle

Thanks so much everyone..
|

Extremely eHealthy
sadie lynn wrote:
i showed mine to my mom when i have them and she said that it did not look like ringworm...thank god for that. but when i stuck needle in it ( i wont do that anymore thanks for info on hot cloth ) it came out black yuk.

eeeewww yuck!!!! but for some odd reason....i wanna see....does that make me weird? lol
|

Especially eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
sadie lynn wrote:

eeeewww yuck!!!! but for some odd reason....i wanna see....does that make me weird? lol

If you think I'm weird...then yes! lmao!!

I do the skin, well I did the skin, before .oni came along.

But thats what I did. I lanced boils/cysts, and watched the multi colored puss drain.

Nice.

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
sadie lynn wrote:

If you think I'm weird...then yes! lmao!!

I do the skin, well I did the skin, before .oni came along.

But thats what I did. I lanced boils/cysts, and watched the multi colored puss drain.

Nice.

Sarah

.N.I.C.E.......

I got lead stuck in my foot, and it got all bothered and my friend took a knife to it and it started ooooooooozing puss and it was so grose and nasty but cool at the same time. anyway he scrapped the lead out of it. eeewwww...now i am yucking myself out.
|

Especially eHealthy
i think i might just vomit.

hope this heal soon for ya
|

Advanced Support Team
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked just kidding i think that it is perfectly normal to want to look at somthing gross Laughing
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....