I know that you dont like me much but I thought I would put in my 2 bobs worth anyways. Please dont take any of this offensively!

Firstly, I totally agree with one of the previous posters in that this is normal behaviour, toddlers dont share, they are programmed like that! I know we all take it for granted but has your neice ever been shown how to share?? Maybe she doesnt know how?? They dont come born with this skill, it actually needs to be taught.

I know it would be horrible hearing someone talk to your son differently (worse) than what you do but in reality, it happens and theres nothing any parent can do to stop that. When you say that you want him to be able to stick up for himself, you mean whenever a child says something "mean" then he should belt them up?? I have no problems with you wanting to get him into boxing but just make sure you send the right message to him. Violence doesnt solve anything! I totally agree that he has every right to defend himself if someone is physically touching him and he doesnt like it but if someone is saying something that he doesnt like, it doesnt give him the right to fight them, just ignore and walk away. Children can be downright mean at times, your son wont be nice to everyone either but as we get older we just start to tolerate everyone even if we dont like them.

Anyways, thats my 2 bobs worth, I didnt mean to offend you if I did!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2007
Experienced User
Sorry guys, I must have pressed the wrong button instead of clicking reply.

This is a reply to dalicialovesyou's what should I do post.

Sorry!!
|

replied February 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, my niece always used to share with him before, but it was after she came back from her dad's that she started this, and i'm pretty sure it's from her dad's wife's oldest daughter which is like 6 or so. And not all little kids are like that because I never had a problem with this sharing stuff with my daughter.

He is going to take boxing to defend himself when needed, I don't expect him to jump on anyone who calls names but I don't expect him to let people call him names either, and i'm the same way. If someone is going to call me names i'll ask them what's up to their face, if they do it behind my back i'll still go up to them and ask them whats up because I dont put up with any of that kinda sh*t, it's straight up retarded.

I know it's not her fault for being that way, but I think the way a parent raises their child explains it all, and brayden will not act like that, he is good with sharing right now and just because he hung out with her he's starting the things he's doing now and i've been working with him and he's doing better but he wont be around her for a while.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....