User Profile
Ok I feel really dumb asking this question....But here it goes. Jayden is 6 mos old....Can her ears be submerssed in water? Ok heres the story. I've been giving jayden a bath using a bath seat in the tub. Well she is very uncomfortable in it and she can't sit outta it because she slips. Well tonite while I was giving her a bath, I put just a small amount in the tub and laid her on her back, the water went over her ears up to her cheeks and she absolutely looooooved it, she was splashing around and trying to swim it was soooo fun! But is that bad to have water get in her ears??? I mean I am used to bathing kids who have had tubes in their ears and couldn't get them wet. So I was just curious about her. Also this is an odd question. Jayden's ear wax color is diff in each ear. In one ear it is real dark. When she was born she failed her hearing test in one ear, but they retested and said she passed so I don't think she has a prob with that. And the doc always checks her ears at her apts and never says anything is wrong. If she was deaf in one ear would I notice? Would the bath water cause ear infections?

~sara~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey hun.. I dont think it would do anything...
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I dont think so but maybe you could give your doc a call. Smile
|

Experienced User
My ambers only 13 weeks old, I bath her with her ears submerged, I think its ok cause thats what the nurse did for her first bath, I think its only those unlucky ones who have grommits that have to keep their ears dry.... But if your concerned, you should see your doctor,
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sean has been getting a bath with ears submerged since he was two months old, and he is now 10 months old. He is fine with it, and it is working out fine for him...No infections, all checkups have been good, great ears on the boy. And you are right they love it. I tooo found it hard to put the baby in the bath set because they didnnt like it. And he was getting bigger and wanting to play with his toys and stuff. I hope that this helps.

Dont feel dumb, we all have questions

stacie
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Thanks for responding girls. I cannot wait until bathtime tonite. Last night bathtime was sooooo much fun. She had such a blast being able to lay down with her head wet and splash all around! I will never suggest or use a bath seat ever again!

~sara~
|

Extremely eHealthy
Like I said I think that jayden will be fine!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
I wouldnt use an ear stopper, babies ears are sensitive to things being in them. Water they can handle because of the womb and things...You understand
|

Extremely eHealthy
Its so cute when u bath babies cos they love it so much! I used 2 love helping my mom with my little brother cos he was splashing around & kicking his little legs....Aww....I love babies :d
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Dr. Sofce Mitkovska
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Murray Grossan
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...