Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Abnormal stool: yellow mucus and irregular bowel movement

User Profile
I'm passing clear sometimes yellow mucus instead of stool sometimes and it is usually acompanied with alot of gas that sometimes burns when released. It usually clears up the next day but it comes back very often. I do have normal bowel movements, with no signs of black or bloody stool. I have no abdominal pain. I get alittle constipated once in a while. I have normal bowel movements about once or twice a day but once in a while I have a really big bowel movement in a single day(Not Diarrhea). Then I resume the normal bowel movements for a week or two before having a big movement again. Why do I have recurring gas and mucus and why the big bowel movement about once every or every other week ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2007
Digestive & Bowel Disorders Answer A2401
Bowel movement habits are unique to each individual. It doesn't seem that you are experiencing any type of abnormality except for the yellow mucus that you excrete instead of stool. A colonoscopy can provide more information about the inner condition of the colon and possible causes for the yellow mucus. An occult blood test must also to be performed as a diagnostic tool.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.