Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

I Made the Decision of Hysterectomy

Hi all! First of all I want to tell you all thank you for all your replies to my "hysterectomy vs. Laporoscopy". Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. It meant alot to me for the support. I wanted to let you all know that I made my decision and am going into the hospital tomorrow morning for the hysterectomy. I am still very scared but have more confidence in it now than I did before. When I get home from the hospital and feel well enough to get on the computer again I will let you all now how it went and how i'm doing. Thank you all so much once again! It was and is very much appreciated! Take care and good luck in life to all of you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2004
Hurray! Surgery Is Over!
Just wanted to let everyone know that i've had my hysterectomy and am home from hospital and doing very well. I was so scared before my surgery, but now that it is all over I feel so good about my decision of surgery. I am very happy I did it. I am recooperating very well I think. They gave me an epideral before surgery to help the pain after surgery. The first night after surgery, when the epideral wore off was the worst. Within 2 hours of waking up after surgery and I was up walking. Walking made the biggest improvement in managing my pain. I went in for the surgery 2/11/04 and came home 2/13/04. Still painful a little of course but am doing very well and go in to have staples and drain removed tomorrow (2/16/04). I just wanted to let everyone know i'm doing great and let others know that is worried about this surgery that it is not nearly as bad as your mind lets you think. Thank you all so much once again for all the words of encouragement and support. I wish you all the best in everything you do. :d
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Post H Opp
Im so happy to hear you are doing well. I still havent decided quite what to do yet, docs have put me on hormone implants to see if that helps. So far it hasnt so I am really considering the big h now. I hope I do as well as you. Good luck for the future. :d

leigh
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Ive Got a Question For You.
This surgery was for cervical cancer right? If so im doing a report for college on cervical cancer and wanted to know what the price was of the surgery. Not just what you paaid but all together. It would be very appreciated if you could reply back with an answer. Thanx
|
Tags: hysterectomy
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....