Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

This Is Alexa84.....the Removal :(

Hey everyone!!! I got a different account!

Well I had to take my baby to get her extra digits removed today! It was the worst thing I have ever had to go through! I had to sit and hold her while they done it . She screamed so loud when they had to numb her foot and hand! Of course I cried! I turned my head to were I couldnt see them take them off. Now she has been cranky today. Her poor hand and feet are super sore. She cried when I had to change her bandaide and yes I cried worse than her lol. I cant stand to see my poor baby cry. It hurts me to know shes in pain. I hope they hurry up and heal soon cuz shes all time chewying on her hands. It has really tired me out today.

Amber
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Awww.. I feel so bad.. Send her some kissies for me!!!! Hope her hand and feet heal soon!! Munchkin love
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's really sad that she had to go through that =( I hope she heals really good and feels better soon.

Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
What did they do? Just cut them off and stitch up the openings?

I hope she heals quickly!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Poor thing,she'll get better eventually hun and she wont remember a thing when she gets older.It's for the better!
|

Extremely eHealthy
She is chewing on her hands already? Amelia didnt' start chewing on hers until she was 8 weeks old....Wow. Have you tried to put the mitts on her so that she can't get them wet. Or at least on the one? I never put them on my child because in the womb that was all they knew and I didnt' want to take that away from her, but one hand wouldnt' be that bad.....Maybe that will help.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Aww poor sweetie. I hope they heal fast.
|

Extremely eHealthy
They cut them off but didnt stitch them up! They put some medicine on it to stop the bleeding. Its just a little spot on the side of her hand and foot. They told me to keep them uncovered so they will scab up but she hits them and sceams in pain. So I have a bandaide on them with neosporan (sp?) and then put a sock over them. Her mits are too big lol they fall off.

Yea shes already chewing on her hands. She already has control over her head too!! Its so sad cuz shes growing too fast Sad but she seems tp be doing better today. Not as fussy and shes actually able to eat. Lastnight she wouldnt eat that much. I sat and balled my eyes out cuz there was nothing that I nor a doc could really do. She just kept hitting her hand on herself and stretching her foot out. Sad my poor baby
|

Extremely eHealthy
Have you thought about wrapping her up so that she can't flail like that? I think that would help. I think that infants that young should be wrapped up anyway. So maybe that will help her not bump her hand and little foot. I think that you need to let them air out so that they can scab. I think that is best for her.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
sunflower_pie81 wrote:
have you thought about wrapping her up so that she can't flail like that? I think that would help. I think that infants that young should be wrapped up anyway. So maybe that will help her not bump her hand and little foot. I think that you need to let them air out so that they can scab. I think that is best for her.
i agree with .Gen.Puting neosporen and a bandaid on it will keep it moist and it will heal waaaay slow
|

Extremely eHealthy
sunflower_pie81 wrote:
have you thought about wrapping her up so that she can't flail like that? I think that would help. I think that infants that young should be wrapped up anyway. So maybe that will help her not bump her hand and little foot. I think that you need to let them air out so that they can scab. I think that is best for her.

i try to keep her tightly wrapped but she busts out of it. I called the surgeon today and he said its fine to put the neo and bandaide on it as long as I let it air out for atleast 2 hours a day.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....