Hi doctor,

i have had several cbc tests over the last 4 years and they all showed relative lymphocytosis, only the last test I took 3 months ago showed a slight shift to left. As I read on many internet articles I might have some kind of a virus. I don't know what kindda infection can last 4 years and I don't know how to investigate further.
Please advice as each doctor I went to told me there is no need to worry, nothing is wrong.
Please advice.

Thank you so much
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Variation in leukocyte count is normal and more important is manifestation, if there is no apparent infection or fever, you can ignore this variation and stop worrying about it.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.