Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Confused And In Need of Help And Advice????????????

I had a complet m/c on the 20th dec I was 6wks gone at this time.I passed the gestational sac (which was painful) I got caught in the first month after I had stopped taking the pill my m/c was put down to this as I had been on the pill since I was 14 due to painful periods!Since I had the m/c we had used condoms and then on the 23rd of jan I had a bled which I think was my period but I cant be sure as it was very light and lasted for 3 days and I was told that after my m/c my first period would be very heavy and very painful I had none of this so since this time we have used nothing and then on the 7th feb I had a bled which I can only explian as a red fluid it wasnt thick enough for blood (i am a ex veterinary nurse) which wasnt very heavy it filled my panty liner but then it staopped and I have had nothing since!I did a test yesterday to see what was going on and if I was pregnant or not and the result came back as neg.I have slight bresast tenderness!I really want to try again and concieve this time!I was told I could try as soon as I was ready and I dint have to wait for a period if I didnt want to!Please advice or help x

Last edited by thereisonlyonebrightstar on February 11th, 2007 02:24 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think the best thing for you to do at this point would be to go to see your ob-gyn. They will do a blood test to see if in fact you had a m/c. If you don't want to get pregnant again maybe you should talk to them about a form of birthcontrol that might help with the bleeding. After a m/c it may take your cycle to go back to normal.

Good luck and keep us updated.
|

Thankyou for you reply with help and support take care xxx
|

Extremely eHealthy
thereisonlyonebrightstar wrote:
thankyou for you reply with help and support take care xxx

not a problem
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Deleted due to my own reading comprehension problems....Oops.
|

Especially eHealthy
It sounds like the .Jan 23 one was probably your period. If you had a d & c, and even if you didn't, it doesn't mean you'll have a 'heavy' period the first one after a miscarriage. It can take some women awhile before they resume their regular cycle due to the hormones involved in pregnancy.

The bleed you had in .Feb sounds like it was midcycle spotting and not meant to be a period at all. This can be normal coming off the pill and also having your body adjust to a miscarriage.

The previous posters advice that you might still be pregnant is completely misleading and please don't listen to it! I am confident that if you miscarried your doctor took all the precautions to make sure that is exactly what happened. If pregnancy tests are negative you are not pregnant.
|

I think you could be right thanks for the advice i'll keep you all posted take care xx
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry! I incorrectly read the first post. The post stated that the pregnancy test came back negative instead of positive. I can see why ingi stated that my posting was misleading. For some reason I thought the poster wrote that the test came back as not being negative ....Reading comprehension problems. Completely disregard my post. I apologize for writing what I did. And if it caused any confusion.

Of course, it would be a completely different story if the test came back positive.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...