Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Can't Sleep After Vivid Dreaming

I recently quit smoking marijuana and have trouble getting a full nights sleep.
I go to sleep easily at night because I am very active during the day; working, hiking, snowboarding, etc.
And I now have extremely vivid dreams which is great.
For the past week I have been awaking from my dreams and unable to get back to sleep. This happens after 4-6 hours of sleep.
It seems as though I am getting some really good sleep and when I awake from my dreams I am to charged-up to return to sleep. Although I feel as though I should be getting a bit more sleep.
This has been happening anywhere from 2:30am to 4am
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2005
I noticed when I smoke bud I sleep better, but I don't dream. I dream like crazy when I haven't sparked up in a while. Who knows, I got used to all the dreams, I love it. : d start thinking of stuff, imagining stories and you'll drift off.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have sleep studies.
Start anxiolytic like lorazepam to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.