Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Problems a Few Years After Cataract Operation

I'm new to the ehealth forum and apologise if this issue has already been well dealt with.

I'm a 59 year old male. Around three years ago, I had a standard lens replacement to deal with a troublesome cataract. No problems with the operation and everything has been good since (the other eye is also cataract-afflicted, but has been far slower in its deterioration).

Just a few days ago, I noticed "floaters" in the repaired eye, but attached no significance to this. Then, when retiring to bed last night (with the lights off), I "saw" or sensed an orange/yellow crescent - almost like a new moon - to the bottom of the eye. On blinking, the crescent seemed to move to another portion of the eye. I'd had a few modest glasses of red wine - no other substances - and didn't think too much of it until this morning. When walking about, I had the same sense of a "crescent" around the same eye - but this time it appeared dark (and again accompanied by floaters). Lit up in darkness and dark in daylight! Odd.

I thought that the problem may have been grit, or the wind, and i've tried eye drops to no avail. But i've had the same experiences when going outside tonight - the floaters and the "new moon" crescents in the darkness, although the actual clarity of vision in the eye seems pretty much unchanged. The eye is a little watery, but there's no pain.

While I plan on going to a health professional if the problem persists after this weekend, i'm intrigued about what all this might mean. I do recall, when I had the cataract procedure, the doctor making some remark about complications - in a small percentage of cases - sometime down the track.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Krc
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....