Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Please Keep Her In You Prayers

So as most of you know little casey has a big sister from another girl who's name is tiffany. Well tiff and I over the years and even more after little casey was born have become really really close. We relate with each other and we want our children to grow up knowing each other because reguardless our children are brother and sister. Well we are like best friends now anyway but on to the story at hand.
Tiffany is 37 1/2 weeks pregnant she went in last week and they noticed something wrong in the babys abdomen. They told her it was either her intestiens were enlarged or something having to do with down syndrome. I really don't know all the details. Well they also told her that the baby (its a girl they are naming her .Amya. Sound familiar? That was one of the names I had picked out for casey when we thought he was a girl. Lol spelled .Amiyah) anyway they told her that .Amya had also stopped growing. She's estimated to only be around 4.6 pounds. Well she has to go in every other day for them to monitor her and the baby. She went in tuesday and was told that the baby was very small and that it is her intestiens that are inlarged. They also said its possible that her intestiens are intagled together. I'm not sure of the correct name. She is most likely going to need surgery as son as she is born but they aren't sure and they won't really know untill she is born and see what they are dealing with. They are going to do her csection on the 15 and I just ask that yall keep baby amya and tiffany in yalls prayers.
I'm taking off work to go and be there for when she is born and the moment she is out and we know something I will let you guys now and i'll get pictures to ya'll also.. I will keep you guys updated also every other day to let you know what her doctors keep telling her. She goes in today so by this afternoon i'll post again and let you guys know something.
Thanks you guys so much. <3
.Jenn
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Wow, i'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and her baby.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Oh that sounds like that umm what's it called....

Where the intestines don't move into the abdomen...

It's actually more common than people realise, but the treatment for it is quite effective.

The intestines are suspended in a special "bag" that keeps them warm and moist which is stitched to babys belly then gravity causes the intestines to gradually move in to the abdomen as the baby grows.

They can't just be shoved in because the abdomen is not big enought o begin with...

***google***

gastroschisis - they use a silon chimney to hold the intestines

http://www.Geeps.Co.Uk/geeps.Htm
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm so sorry to hear that, .Jenn. She's very lucky to have you for support. I'm sure everything will be just fine, but we'll keep .Amya in our thoughts and prayers.
|

Experienced User
They will be in my prayers,,, keep your hear up.. Im glad you will be there with her.. I bet that means the world..
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Oh thats so sad! I hope everything turns out ok and both are well after birth.And if she does have to have surgery I hope it goes well also.I'll be thinking of them!
|

Experienced User
My .Cousin had that and he is doing just fine. His parents were/are .Chinese and they already had a child. They came here to give birth (in my aunts pic-u) and had to leave him here since he had "issue" they couldn't take him back to be adopted. Anyway my aunt and uncle adopted him and that health issue is fully resolved!!! He dose have down syndrome but that was a separate thing.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh .Jenn, i'm so sorry!!!! She must be so stressed!!! I'll definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I have a friend who's daughter was born with her liver on the wrong side and her intestines were way too long. She's 3 days younger than trey and is fine. They did major surgery on her when she was born and had a hard time learning to roll and sit because of the incision but today is fine and almost walking (she's 19 months old-so within the norm)

i will keep her in my prayers and i'm sure amya will be fine!!!!!

Stay strong for your girl tiffany!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh man!!! I'm sorry to hear about that!!!

Does she live in .New .Orleans? If so, where is she having the baby/baby's surgery?

Her and her family are in my prayers!!! Crying or Very sad

sarah
|

Experienced User
Thanks so much you guys.
I've been so stressed for her. I calld her like 5 times already but I think she is still in the doctors office/ hospital. I'm not sure but i'm waiting on her call.
I have work at 5 so hopefully she calls before then.
I appreciate it so much you guys <3

yea sarah she is in new orleans and having the baby at lakeside hospital over in metarie.
I'm leaving on the 13th to meet up with her so I can be there threw everything with her.

I will continue to keep you guys updated
.Jenn
|

Especially eHealthy
Who's her Dr.?!?!!?! I had .Oni there.

Sarah
|

Experienced User
Hmmmm
i have no clue. I will ask her when she calls me back.
|

Isn't it called gastroschisis my little sister had this. And she is doing great.

I will keep her and her baby in my thoughts.

Hope all goes well.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Read my post /\/\/\/\ up a few... Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...