Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

It's Come Back! I Am So Depressed

I suffer from anxiety. Have been on/off zanax for a long time.

I used to have labyrinthitus which made me dizzy like ever, but now I have been ok for almost a year. Until now!

Today I went for a long walk and while I was walking aroudn the supermarket I got super dizzy.. Everything was bizarre and I felt insanely weird..... At home now I am sitting on the couch and still feel weird. My head is heavy, it feels like its bulging out, I feel nauseous while sitting and feel like I am going to throw up anytime, but havent.

I feel weak. I feel like I am going to pass out or have a stroke. I am paranoid about my heart even though I have had all sorts of tests and blood tests, and all are fine.

I know its anxiety but its awful> I have not had a panic attack for a year and finally started having them a few weeks ago. W+what an awful thing to come back again. I feel so depressed and hope it goes soon since I had this for over a year of my life and thought I had gotten rid of it.

Sorry.. Had to vent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2007
Experienced User
Vent all you want in here its a good place to do it.

But stating you have been on/off zanax for a long time is a really clear indication that you dont have this undercontrol reagardless of the space between attacks.
|

Experienced User
I have been on/off zanax but not for long periods of time. More like taking a couple of pills once in a while when I needed it and then not again for months. Only at the time of attacks.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
It sounds like you might be taking it at your own discretion, you shouldnt be doing this. Self medicating is not health period especially with such a strong drug. Also there are so many more relaxed drugs out there than xanex.

I just worry about drugs in genral. I like to think all people can do it themselfs without drugs....But theres real no point in that. Human created these drugs to help one another...I think we are the only speices that do that ^_^.
|

replied August 14th, 2009
Anxiety
Hey Truckstop, are you still around on these boards? I want to chat with you about your anxiety. What you described in one of your posts is identical to what I am going through. Please email me if you are around or if anyone knows how to get a hold of him/her. Thanks.

|

replied April 18th, 2011
I too am going through identical symptoms and it's always nice to know I'm not alone!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...