User Profile
Ok so sunday night we had dinner around 7pmish, went to bed a little later than usual (about 1am).

I often wake up in the night thirsty so always take a drink to bed with me.

I remember waking up and taking a drink, and rolling back over to sleep.

Some time later, around 4.30am I wake up and can't breath right, so I cough and there's this ucky taste and I feel like I have vomit up the back of my nose.

Try to breathe a bit - note I do not feel nauseous at all just there's this taste and that feeling at the back of my nose.
You know like when you go swimming and get pool water up the back of your nose that horrible feeling...

Well, I try to clear my throat and with no warning, no feeling of nausea, I puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i'm trying not to actually puke while scrambling for the bathroom - I made it woohoo go me!!!!!!

And spend ages puking my guts up big styleee - so much I pulled my rib muscles ouchies.

We ate the exact same food.

I'm like what the he|| happened?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Random Puking
kia_breizzze wrote:
ok so sunday night we had dinner around 7pmish, went to bed a little later than usual (about 1am).

I often wake up in the night thirsty so always take a drink to bed with me.

I remember waking up and taking a drink, and rolling back over to sleep.

Some time later, around 4.30am I wake up and can't breath right, so I cough and there's this ucky taste and I feel like I have vomit up the back of my nose.

Try to breathe a bit - note I do not feel nauseous at all just there's this taste and that feeling at the back of my nose.

You know like when you go swimming and get pool water up the back of your nose that horrible feeling...

Well, I try to clear my throat and with no warning, no feeling of nausea, I puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i'm trying not to actually puke while scrambling for the bathroom - I made it woohoo go me!!!!!!

And spend ages puking my guts up big styleee - so much I pulled my rib muscles ouchies.

We ate the exact same food.

I'm like what the he|| happened?

maybe you have a bug or youre preggo
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Things that make you go hmmmm..... Shocked
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm with emma on this one. I started randomly puking up ravioli about two weeks ago and it was just a tummy virus. But those are pretty much your two options.
|

Experienced User
Yuck .I hate vomit.

Weird...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Sinuses draining into your stomach can make ya puke too but idont think puking your guts up type puking though, if its a virus you can keep it haha id rather not have the random puking lol
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I'm not ill - or I don't feel ill.

Thing is I didn't even feel sick, but it appears I must have puked in my sleep and swallowed it Confused Evil or Very Mad
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Meh, that's awful. Are you a heavy sleeper, .Kia? One of the few times I had morning sickness my nausea woke me out of a dead sleep, and I puked so hard it hurt. I couldn't imagine puking in my sleep. Thank .God you didn't breathe that stuff in! Shocked
|

Extremely eHealthy
Maybe you got a touch of food poisoning. If your immune system was down at all you may have been affected, but the other people who were with you were not.

Some people just have stronger stomachs to that kind of stuff.

Sounds really ucky though. Sorry....
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Nope I tend to sleep quite light because of the cats Rolling Eyes

sure I got woke up loads of times when I was pregnant with 0liver just to puke - I got a dab hand at it lmao

i cooked, I made sausage patties (all from the same package, same seasonings, same flour coating, cooked in the same pan.) with toasted english muffins. Idea
|

Especially eHealthy
I think .Kia's preggers.. I think .Kia's preggers!!

*~*muah*~*
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Nope, no hcg and nothing showing on the u/s... (apparently, it's quite common to re-absorb blighted ovums - that's what they said and who am I to argue with a profeshunol???)

but still no period either Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
For how long now? Shocked
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
28th november Idea
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Holy.... Shocked

what's wrong with these people that they can't give you answers? Are you considering taking another round of meds?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I actually saw my general doctor yesterday and i've had him refer me to a different hospital.
He was reluctant and said stuff like "you'll have to go through all the investigation procedures again".
To which I replied "again? I haven't had any done yet to have done again".

He's also referred me for a dietician and put me in for blood tests for thyroid and diabetes woohoo!

So yeah if anyone has ideas for a diet for a really picky eater let me know - oh and ways to lose weight....
I've got in the region of 140lbs to lose Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
kia_breizzze wrote:
i actually saw my general doctor yesterday and i've had him refer me to a different hospital.

He was reluctant and said stuff like "you'll have to go through all the investigation procedures again".

To which I replied "again? I haven't had any done yet to have done again".

He's also referred me for a dietician and put me in for blood tests for thyroid and diabetes woohoo!

So yeah if anyone has ideas for a diet for a really picky eater let me know - oh and ways to lose weight....

I've got in the region of 140lbs to lose Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked

i don't know about picky eater, but i've a lot of things that i'm not supposed to eat. I followed it for years before I got sick of sucking on lettuce and sipping on water Rolling Eyes (a gross exaggeration but that's what it felt like) so if your list of inedibles is anything like mine, my menu will probably work for you. Just tell me what you don't eat or what you need to cut/eat more of.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ooh. Do they have .Weight .Watchers in the .U.K? You can pick and choose your entire menu, and just add the points up. You're allowed a certain number of points a day, and each food has a certain number of points attached to it.

Bridget knows loads about the program! She could help you, .Kia!
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I guess I need to cut everything.
I figured what I did was reasonably well balanced but...
Ok I admit I love carbs Embarassed
so I guess I need to cut carbs and increase protein and fibre.

A typical day is someting like this
midday: sandwich (tuna & sweetcorn, chicken salad, ham salad, or similar) and a fruit
evening: casserole, stew, ground beef with tomato, pork chop, served with potato or pasta and veggies, or something similiar but usually meat, veggies and a carb. Often followed with fruit.

Like tonight I made sausage casserole:
2 sausages each
can chopped tomatoes
herbs/spices to taste
chopped onion
chopped red pepper
can sweetcorn

served with mashed potato and a yorkshire pudding

yesterday was lasagne with garlic bread, we were naughty and skipped out on veggies but had an apple and an orange after.

I usually drink lemonade (1-cal) mixed with oj or just plain water.

Yeah my doctor suggested weight watchers - said they have really good results...
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I have no experience with low carb diets. But I can ask dh who was a personal trainer/nutritionist to plan a menu for you. As a matter of fact, i'll ask him about his menu right now. He's dropping down so he can get ripped for his competition so he's ruthlessly cut carbs which makes my life hell since he eats all the meat in the freezer to fill his empty leg... Rolling Eyes
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...