This is relatively weird, but it's been happening during the last few weeks, and it's bothering me.

I've been noticing muscle twitches (no cramping or discomfort, only twitches) in all parts of my body. It could be anywhere from a toe to a finger to my back. However, it never happens when i'm active, it only happens when i'm at rest. I've woken up with a big twitch in my arms or back a few times, but no other time has it happened. I've heard of all sorts of benign muscle twitch diseases, but the problem is that there's no other symptom. Weakness, paralysis, rigidity, and spasms are symptoms of almost every single muscular/nervous disorder i've seen, and like I said, this is only muscular twitching and only when i'm at rest. I've also noticed that the more I think and worry about it, the more it happens, which makes me believe it's related to anxiety.

The only other point of interest might be the fact that I lift weights frequently. But it's not beyond normal; it's only three times per week, one hour each session. I've been doing it for seven years, though, and I don't see why it should suddenly start causing muscle twitching problems now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2007
Experienced User
I think that u must consult a doctor abt this...I can't surely say it's b'coz of anxiety...
Hoping that others who know more abt this wud certainly post replies regarding this..
|

replied February 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Normal
Yes. Its anxiety. I had this for about a year, would wake up with my arm suddenly twitching, or have muscle twitches a few times a day when relaxing and watching tv. It was anxiety.. Stress..

Dont worry about it. Just laugh at it,.
|

replied February 20th, 2007
most likely it’s a vitamin deficiency, go by some really good vitamins. high prices don’t necessarily make them good, it’s the ingredients. look for things with iron, calcium, B12, B6, vitamin a/b/c/d. and of course make sure you're eating your grains, fruits, veggies, daries, and lean meats with their correct servings.

if the problem still persists then go see a doctor.

I know the guy above me responded saying it was infact anxiety but you shouldn’t take that or what I have said as a diagnosis. only your doctor (who sees you face to face) can tell you for sure what the problem is.
|

replied March 1st, 2007
Twitching
I have the same problem with twitching but I also studder and it is really embersing. I found that it is only getting worse.what should I do see a doctor or will it go away by its self. Question
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
I would also agree that this may be tied to weight lifting. How much are you lifting? If you're doing a good bit, vitamin supplementation is pretty much required. I myself had to increase my calcium/maganesium/zinc because they were getting low.
|

replied March 6th, 2007
Weight Lifting
I weight lift 3-4 times per week as well and don't think it has a connection to your nervous twitching. I have some twitches at times as well especially in my stomach. It is most likely anxiety and is probably harmless. Just massage the nervous area until it stops or practice relaxation and it will go away. The less you think about it, the quicker it will go away. Don't worry about it and keep exercising. There is no better cure to anxiety than exercise.

Later,
OE
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...