Does anyone else suffer from this.

Does anyone know how to make breakfast bars without sugar or lactose?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lactard
|

replied February 29th, 2004
I suffer from it as well. Can't drink milk, or eat ice cream. It's kinda odd though, since cheese doesn't bother me at all.
|

replied March 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
I have it as well.. For me it depends on how sensitive my stomach is that day as to what level I can tolerate. I can't drink milk or eat ice cream at all. Some mild cheeses I can eat with no problem, but then some heavier cheeses, like cheddar, can sometimes give me problems. I buy lactaid milk and use that if I have to cook or use milk in anything. However it still bothers my stomach if I drink it straight and using lactaid pills does nothing. I tried the soy milk.. Just couldn't do it. I'm not sure about the breakfast bars though since I don't know how to make them...
|

replied December 9th, 2004
I Am Lactose Intolerant Too!
I am lactose intolerant also, but honestly, I think it more than just the milk sugars that get my tummy all upset.

For instance, today... I have eaten 2 eggs, fake cheese, ketchup, wasa crisps and coffee and after two hours at the gym, my stomach feels like I might die. I know it is gas and will come out eventually. (well, I hope). But, I am beginning to think that anything with sugar is bad for my belly. Is this a known disease? Sugar intolerance?
|

replied December 10th, 2004
Re: I Am Lactose Intolerant Too!
lactard wrote:
i am lactose intolerant also, but honestly, I think it more than just the milk sugars that get my tummy all upset.

For instance, today... I have eaten 2 eggs, fake cheese, ketchup, wasa crisps and coffee and after two hours at the gym, my stomach feels like I might die. I know it is gas and will come out eventually. (well, I hope). But, I am beginning to think that anything with sugar is bad for my belly. Is this a known disease? Sugar intolerance?

maybe you have ibs.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I'm the same way too, I stick to skim milk, easy on the creamy sauces, no ice cream just non fat frozen yogurt since its skim milk most of the time. Cheese, doesnt bother me so much just take it easy with that as well, non fat yogurt

of course all this stuff in general very sparingly!!! I'm 21 and ive been this way since I was 17
|

Lately, everytime I eat ice cream I get bad intestinal cramps. I can't have any milkshakes either. I don't know why all of a sudden they would bother me so much. I used to tolerate dairy ok, sometimes it would make me sick, but not this bad.Crying or Very sad
|

replied December 11th, 2004
Try a canadian medicine called gaviscon.

If not, eat some raw peanuts.

Both work if you have lactose intolerance, well... Worked for me.
|

replied August 8th, 2005
Lactose Intolerant
Hi
i'm 35 and I have had a lactose intolerance for over 3 years, but only found out 1 and half years ago.

It started after I had a bad bout of food poisoning (campylobacter). First I just wanted to sleep all the time (doctor told me I had chronic fatigue syndrome) then I developed other symptoms (i was told I had irritable bowel syndrome). Eventually I got the doctor to send me to the hospital for a l I test and it was confirmed.

I am a lot better than I was but I still feel so tired all the time even though I have cut the lactose out of my diet (as far as I know anyway), if I have a day/night out I am wiped out for days.

Do you feel like this?

Lolla
|

replied May 8th, 2010
So, I’m lactose intolerant and I have been reading a lot of testimonials on this new product called Lactagen, but I am a very skeptical person and not really sure if it is going to work. Does anybody have any suggestions on this topic? I would really like to find something that can help my symptoms so I can eat dairy products.
|

replied May 8th, 2010
Hey! I would like to respond to your question about Lactagen. My wife is currently taking it to help with her symptoms; she really loves her yogurt and ice cream! Anyways, she completed the program a couple weeks ago and is already eating small portions of ice cream without any symptoms. I think you should try it!
|

replied May 8th, 2010
Thanks for responding to my question! How long does the Lactagen program last? Does your wife have any side effects from taking it? Has she ever tried anything else besides Lactagen? Sorry about all the questions I just want to make sure that I am making the right choice!
|

replied May 8th, 2010
For most of your questions I would refer to their website and look up the medical information. As far as the side effects, she hasn’t had any at all! She used to take Lactaid but it was really inconvenient for her to have to take it with every meal, and if she forgot she suffered. I would go ahead and try it!
|

replied July 4th, 2011
I thought I had a irritable bowel syndrome problem, but having watched a video on You tube, I think I may be Lactose Intolerant too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V81uwYDa0Q
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....