I have an 11-year-old daughter that has complained about constantly feeling sick. Sometimes its cramps or pain under her right rib cage but most of all she said she feels like she is going to throw up, 90% of the time it happens at night and a small percentage in the morning. Usually misses 1 day a week from school. Diarrhea once a week as well.
This started in july of 2006 she had a bout of the flu throwing up etc. When we went to emerg that day they said her bowels were very very noisy and said it was just a gastro flu which was fine but since then she always feels gross (no throwing up)
when she complains about this feeling which can be high or low in her abdomen she starts to toot a lot and to me always looks bloaty (nerves) who knows anymore ???
She has had ultrasound, x-ray on her bowels and everything seems fine. As well aside the stomach issues they found a small trace of protein in her urine, she did a 24 hour sample in november and the protein was within normal amounts but the doctor said her albumin or creatinine was a little up, I was confused and of course did not ask more questions because he was so busy and I could sense this on the phone. Anyways he said he was not too worried and that she can come back in may 2007 and do another 24 hour. Anyways I just don't know what to do for her (she is home sick right now) our family doctor just keeps saying its digestive stuff but when do I know to pursue this further?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Tanyak
Hi there. Has your daughter been tested for ibs or gallbladder problems? If not, you may want to ask your doctor about both. Good luck!

Jeannine
|

replied April 12th, 2007
hi, i'm so sorry about your daughter. have you thought about food allergies? try recording what she eats in a journal and what her symptoms are afterward. drs seem to know little about food allergies and often consider it all a crock, but being someone with multiple food sensitivities that caused me many difficulties for years and years before I figured them out through exhaustive research, trial & error, & one trustworthy allergist. my gi dr. said there was nothing wrong with me; a touch of ibs maybe! I could have wrung her neck! I was on the verge of suicide and now I am finally at peace with my body and what it needs and what it refuses to accept. I hope that your daughter finds some relief very soon. good luck!
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Celiac Disease
Please have her screened for this difficult to spot condition. It is an intolerance to Gluten. It causes destruction of the Villi in the small intestine. Symptoms include foul smelling diarrha, cramping, bloating, flatulence, gas, fatigue, vague abdominal pain, and difficulty concentrating. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....