Ok...Well this is my 2nd pregnancy..I am quite petite..And I asked the same question with my 1st...I am almost 34 weeks pregnant and the last time I got weighed I was 144lbs...Which I think is good...Considering I started out thin...I was 113lbs before I got pregnant..I was just wonderin what you think abt my weight gain..Is it enough or too much???
Thanx
elijah~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Weight Gain??
Im only 9 weeks and the doctor told me the first time I went to my appointment was you should only gain 20-40lbs while pregnant. I weighed 163lbs before I was pregnant, now im 173. I really need to lose weight because I eat over 4 meals a day.
|

replied February 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
nickidee5206 wrote:
im only 9 weeks and the doctor told me the first time I went to my appointment was you should only gain 20-40lbs while pregnant. I weighed 163lbs before I was pregnant, now im 173. I really need to lose weight because I eat over 4 meals a day.

losing weight while you are pregnant is not recommended.
|

Experienced User
The doctor didnt tell me I needed to lose weight. But he told me if you gain a lot of weight, it will be hard to lose after the baby is born. I want to have the baby and not be fat. I want to be the same weight as I was before and already gaining 10lbs and only 9 weeks pregnant isnt what I expected
|

Extremely eHealthy
nickidee5206 wrote:
the doctor didnt tell me I needed to lose weight. But he told me if you gain a lot of weight, it will be hard to lose after the baby is born. I want to have the baby and not be fat. I want to be the same weight as I was before and already gaining 10lbs and only 9 weeks pregnant isnt what I expected

some of that is water retention, I expect. I remember I was very bloated in my early pregnancy. I put on 2 and a half stones (approx 35 lbs during my pregnancy and lost 1 stone (14lbs) immediately from giving birth and another stone the following week from breastfeeding. It seemed to just fall off me. The other half stone (7lbs) took a few months to shift but I got there. I wouldn't worry about it! As long as you aren't gorging on .Mcdonalds every mealtime then you'll be ok! Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
rezgurl wrote:
ok...Well this is my 2nd pregnancy..I am quite petite..And I asked the same question with my 1st...I am almost 34 weeks pregnant and the last time I got weighed I was 144lbs...Which I think is good...Considering I started out thin...I was 113lbs before I got pregnant..I was just wonderin what you think abt my weight gain..Is it enough or too much???

Thanx
elijah~

sounds fine to me! Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
nickidee5206 wrote:
the doctor didnt tell me I needed to lose weight. But he told me if you gain a lot of weight, it will be hard to lose after the baby is born. I want to have the baby and not be fat. I want to be the same weight as I was before and already gaining 10lbs and only 9 weeks pregnant isnt what I expected

.Don't worry about your weight gain. Your baby needs you to put on weight to be healthy. You don't need to lose weight. Especially while you're pregnant. Just eat healthy, that's all it takes.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Is it bad to lose weight in a healthy way while pregnancy?

What if you're overweight. You get pregnant and decide to live a healthier lifestyle. You start going on walks and eating lean meats, fresh veggies, and whole grains. Of course you're going to lose weight. But you're living in a healthier way.

Is it better to eat a bunch of crap and stay gaining weight, or to change to a healthier lifestyle and lose weight?
|

Especially eHealthy
laurensentourage wrote:
is it bad to lose weight in a healthy way while pregnancy?

What if you're overweight. You get pregnant and decide to live a healthier lifestyle. You start going on walks and eating lean meats, fresh veggies, and whole grains. Of course you're going to lose weight. But you're living in a healthier way.

Is it better to eat a bunch of crap and stay gaining weight, or to change to a healthier lifestyle and lose weight?

if you eat the recommended number of calories during your pregnancy you will not lose weight. Even if you start walking. Walking burns very little calories.

Pregnant women aren't supposed to take up any strenuous excercise they haven't been doing before they got pregnant. Such as weight lifting and aerobics.

I completely agree with you, eating right and not crap is the best thing for mom and baby! Cut back on fat, sugars and salts and you'll keep your weight in check.
|

Experienced User
I dont want to lose weight while im pregnant. I just dont want to be a 200+ pound pregnant girl. I dont eat fastfood at all, maybe twice a week but I usually eat junk food. I eat a really big breakfast, lunch and dinner and have snacks throughout the day. I just want to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy and lose it right away after the baby is born
|

I'm new here so please don't mind me butting in on your convo. I'm 16 weeks pregnant (17 weeks 2morrow). I've always been a "healthy eater" because i'm a sports maniac. I was 115 lbs when I found out I was was pregnant ( yes i'm on the skinny unhealthy side 5'8 is my height). Now i'm 122 those 7 pounds were the hardest pounds I ever gained, because I suffered from a eating disorder in the past ( i'm not fully "cured" I still struggle). I just wanted to say if I can gain that weight , you guys shouldn't worry about gaining the weight, just as long as your not over doing it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I only gained 15lbs when I was pregnant, and my son weighed 8!

He was healthy, and I ate ate ate all the time too. It's just how our body is I think.
|

Experienced User
With some people, their metabolism speeds up while pregnant...At least that's what my doctors told me....I gained only 14, 20 and 10 pounds, respectively, with each pregnancy...All 3 weighed between 6 lb. 7 oz. And 7 lb. 5 oz. At birth...Ate frequent, healthy meals with each...All babies were healthy...Now, if my metabolism would have only stayed "up" after giving birth..Haha...But really, if your doctor feels your baby is gaining enough weight and you are healthy, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with actual weight gain...
|

Extremely eHealthy
anttm04 wrote:
with some people, their metabolism speeds up while pregnant...At least that's what my doctors told me....I gained only 14, 20 and 10 pounds, respectively, with each pregnancy...All 3 weighed between 6 lb. 7 oz. And 7 lb. 5 oz. At birth...Ate frequent, healthy meals with each...All babies were healthy...Now, if my metabolism would have only stayed "up" after giving birth..Haha...But really, if your doctor feels your baby is gaining enough weight and you are healthy, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with actual weight gain...

good answer!
|

Experienced User
Thank ya.... Wink
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
nickidee5206 wrote:
i dont want to lose weight while im pregnant. I just dont want to be a 200+ pound pregnant girl. I dont eat fastfood at all, maybe twice a week but I usually eat junk food. I eat a really big breakfast, lunch and dinner and have snacks throughout the day. I just want to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy and lose it right away after the baby is born

.You're going to have to be patient. Not everyone can drop *all* their baby weight right away after giving birth. You're going to gain weight no matter what. You're pregnant. That's what happens. Stop eating fast food all together, & quit eating junk. Problem solved. I was 150lbs before I got pregnant, & now at 34wks, I weigh about 185. I don't want to be a huge porker after I have my son, but I know that gaining all this excess weight & the stretchmarks are just part of the territory of becoming a mom. It's just something you have to accept & deal with. It's something we've all had to do for our children. They don't care what we look like.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It takes you 9 months to gain the weight. Expect it to take 9 months to lose it. After your baby is born, you'll still look about 5 months pregnant, so keep that in mind.

Just do what's best for your baby and try not to worry about your body. It's one of the crosses we bear for our little ones.
|

Extremely eHealthy
ayamiyaki wrote:
it takes you 9 months to gain the weight. Expect it to take 9 months to lose it. After your baby is born, you'll still look about 5 months pregnant, so keep that in mind.

Just do what's best for your baby and try not to worry about your body. It's one of the crosses we bear for our little ones.

dude, that's not always true.

After I had brayden my stomach was flat again, pictures to prove it.

Some people do get really lucky like that, it just depends on your body I guess.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
dalicialovesyou wrote:
ayamiyaki wrote:
it takes you 9 months to gain the weight. Expect it to take 9 months to lose it. After your baby is born, you'll still look about 5 months pregnant, so keep that in mind.

dude, that's not always true.

After I had brayden my stomach was flat again, pictures to prove it.

Some people do get really lucky like that, it just depends on your body I guess.

well yeah, but for girls who are freaking out about their bodies it's better to be realistic. Some girls do get lucky and look sexy after a few weeks (like you, and by the way I hate you for that Wink haha jk) but most girls can't expect that, y'know? It's just one of those things we have to put up with for our babies.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I wouldn't worry too much about your weight gain! Like the other girls said, it's completely worth it if it means having a healthy baby in the end. I was 135 before I got pregnant & the day I had my daughter I weighed 174. Right after I had her I was down to about 165 & now 4 months later I am still about 150 so it does take some time to lose the weight but if you set your mind to it, it can/will happen. I've read that if you breastfeed that helps too.

.Michelle
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...