i am new here, but so far I really enjoy reading all the posts. Everyone seems to be so helpful and informative.
My husband and I are ttc with no luck. We have been together for 5 years and have not used protection for almost all of the 5 years. I have been off bc pills for about 6 1/2 years now. I went to the ob/gyn today and she said that with as long as I have not been on bc, I should be pregnant by now. She wants me to make an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist to get a work up.

My question is what all does this doctor do? What kind of tests are involved in a "work up"?

She also said I may have endomietriosis and said that could be a cause of the infertility. What are the chances of getting pregnant with this? And what exactly is it?

Any info would be helpful
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2007
First off, welcome Smile .

Depending on the severity of endometriosis, it's unknown. Once they do tests to check for that, then you can ask your doctor.

I had trouble conceiving my second child, and after a year I made an appt. With my gynecologist. I had a few ultrasounds and my husband had a sperm count. They suspected pcos(poly cystic ovarian syndrome).
I also had my tubes checked for any blockage. With this procedure they flow iodine through my tubes and through x-ray they can see it the iodine comes to a stop before it gets to my ovaries. Believe me, it's painful! But so worth it!

Anyway, they were able to shift whatever was blocking my right tube and I conceived my second son a week later.

Good luck with the tests hun Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply