Hi,

i am new here, but so far I really enjoy reading all the posts. Everyone seems to be so helpful and informative.
My husband and I are ttc with no luck. We have been together for 5 years and have not used protection for almost all of the 5 years. I have been off bc pills for about 6 1/2 years now. I went to the ob/gyn today and she said that with as long as I have not been on bc, I should be pregnant by now. She wants me to make an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist to get a work up.

My question is what all does this doctor do? What kind of tests are involved in a "work up"?

She also said I may have endomietriosis and said that could be a cause of the infertility. What are the chances of getting pregnant with this? And what exactly is it?

Any info would be helpful
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2007
Supporter
First off, welcome Smile .

Depending on the severity of endometriosis, it's unknown. Once they do tests to check for that, then you can ask your doctor.

I had trouble conceiving my second child, and after a year I made an appt. With my gynecologist. I had a few ultrasounds and my husband had a sperm count. They suspected pcos(poly cystic ovarian syndrome).
I also had my tubes checked for any blockage. With this procedure they flow iodine through my tubes and through x-ray they can see it the iodine comes to a stop before it gets to my ovaries. Believe me, it's painful! But so worth it!

Anyway, they were able to shift whatever was blocking my right tube and I conceived my second son a week later.

Good luck with the tests hun Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply