Hi, I am 76 years old and have a history of hypertension for 15 years. I am controlling high blood pressure by taking prinzide. I am also controlling my high cholesterol by taking zocor. I exercise and regularly visit my cardiologist. I visited him recently, had an ekg done and was told it was good.

Several days after that visit, I experienced heart pain that lasted for many hours (about 10 hrs, started in the evening and didn't stop all night). It wasn't sharp, but it was significant. The pain stopped in the morning. The day before it happened I walked a lot and was feeling very tired. Should I go to the cardiologist or should I have gone to er? Why do I experience the pain when my ekg is good? Thank you very much for any information you can offer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2007
Experienced User
what kind of diet do you eat daily? Staying on medication doesn't mean your symptoms are cured. All it does is suppress your symptoms when they do these tests. What you really need to consider is becoming healthy, lower your cholesterol through supplements, that way naturally you won't need to rely on medications with side effects. My mom and my aunt have taken some supplements in which I recommend to them, and now their cholsterol levels have gone down-- of course, if your cholesterol is down, your hypertension might also improve as well.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....