Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I Wish People Would Stop........

User Profile
Asking when we are starting a family? I know they don't realize how painful that question is but enough already!! It makes me feel broken and barren.
My dh and I have been married going on 8 years now and have been ttc for seven!!! Long time, lots of heartache along the way, 2 m/c while taking clomid.
What should be a simple act of nature taking its course doesn't always work out that way.It is so hard somtimes when your friends are getting married after you and already on their second or third baby. I guess i'm a little down in the dumps today, my dh is away at work until the 9th of feb and i'm missing him a lot.
I should recieve my ovulex this week sometime, i'm really hoping it will be my cloud with the silver lining.
I feel a little better already just putting my thoughts into print.
*****baby dust******
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 28th, 2007
Experienced User
I understand how you feel. Although it didn't take us that long to conceive our daughter, we waited almost 6 years to start trying and then it took us a year and a half to get pregnant. That's all we heard, when are you going to have kids? Now, all we hear is when are you going to have a second baby. It is frustrating!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I used ovulex and it worked...Good luck to you!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I know sometimes those questions may seem harmless to the people asking but can cut like a knife. I sometimes get accused of being pregnant. The secretaries at work occassionally talk about throwing me a baby shower. Once I responded by saying, "i haven't gained that much weight, have i?" one secretary says she's just waiting for my baby shower before retiring.

I was at a work-related party in early january when someone I had met only a few times congratulated me. I of course thought she was talking about something work-related, but she said "no, you're pregnant aren't you?"

my dh and I are keeping quiet about our ttc, but I somehow think that people just assume that we are. I'm 36 and my husband is 35 and we have been married since may 05.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Aww hun, I am so sorry that you are feeling so down.

Believe me I know what your going through, my two bros & two elder & one younger sis have babies now. Its like 5 small babies are there still they are always asking me when we are going to have a baby. We didnt tell anyone that we are ttcing only my forum friends knows it. & we have been married also only 11 month(feb 16 2006) now, though we were together for 5 yrs.
Sorry for the long reply.

I know how much more you will be going through when it has been 7 yrs for you.
But dear still it will happen for us too, I do pray a lot for everyone ttcing.
Lots & lots of baby dust to you hun, hope ovulex works for you & that next month you get a bfp.
Good luck
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I never had a problem conceiving really as my son was an "oops" but I just want to wish you all the best of luck ttc. Some people don't realize there are problems and have no class so keep asking even after realizing it's a touchy subject.

Chase when did u use ovulex? With the twins???
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....