Hi ladies!!! I wanted to write in so many posts here tonight, but I am soooooo tired, that I just thought i'd start this one, b/c I promised to share my news about my u/s today!!!!
Let's see.........I did get a picture, but you really can't see much of anything at all. It pretty much looks like a pea sized white blob.....My baby!!!!!!!
The heart rate was 162, and the due date is sept.8th, which means that as of today, I am only 7 weeks & 4 days. That's actually earlier than what I thought I was by about 5 days.
Here's my problem though, and i'm trying to figure this out. I thought I ovulated on dec.11th, perhaps the 12th at the very latest. Dh and I bd'd last time on dec.12th, but if I am 8 weeks this saturday, that means conception happened on dec.16th.....4 days after last bd day. Is that possible? I thought the most sperm could live up to was 48, maybe pushing 36 hours, but 4 days?????? Seems weird.
Just thought i'd get your thoughts. I tried asking the u/s tech, but she wasn't the nicest lady and didn't seem to have the patience. Nice.
Anyways, it was an absolutley incredible feeling to see my little white blob looking smudge on the monitor and just to get the "confirmation" that there really is a baby inside!!!!! I can't describe the feelings that my heart felt at that moment.
I wish this wonderful feeling to happen to you all still ttc very very soon!!!!!!!!! Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey
Glad everything went so well for you today.
The whole date tracking is a nightmare!
I say dates schmates! Its a miracle!!! Stick with that!
Yeah, congrats again
:d o
|

User Profile
Experienced User
So glad that everything went well.
I heard that sperms can live up to 5 days if I am not mistaking.
So now due date is sep 8th.!
Once againg congrats
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's so awesome jae! They postponed my u/s so I will be getting it in a few weeks. I wish that I could just get it and see my baby.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Aww, congrats! That is so great! You have what seems to be a strong heartbeat and that is what matters way more than a date!

I can't wait until my u/s 2 more weeks!!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hey jaja I am so happy for you congrag on the asowm heart beat
|

Experienced User
Jae - i'm so happy that you got to see your baby. I have heard that the average sperm life is 3-4 days but it can be up to 6 days. A girl on another website bd 6 days before she ovulated and she got pregnant. She thought she was out because her husband left for a business trip but his little swimmers lasted a long time.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Jae, I am so happy for you. I can't wait till we get to see some good ultrasound pics from you. You are going to be such a cute pregnant lady.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks ladies for all your replies!!!!!!! I guess sperm can live up to around 4 or 5 days, but that's pushing it, soooooo like you said, i'll take it for what it is.....A healthy sticky baby so far with a good heart rate!!!!!! It was so incredible to see the heart moving, and then the baby moved. It's hard to see, but the tech pointed everything out!
Next time I go at 20 weeks, I will have better pic's and will be able to post them here!!!!!
Just wish my belly would pop out already so I can look pregnant and not bloated and heavy!!!! I am definately loving sweatpants these days, and big big shirts!!!!! Lol Laughing

t& musik - let me know how your u/s go when you have them ok?! Make sure you keep me updated Wink
|

Sounds exciting. I wouldn't worry too much about dates. I have friends who have had their due dates revised several times. Plus, with the length of your cycles, i'd say both estimates (your's and the tech's) are pretty darn close!
|

Thanks shorty - yes, I was pretty darn close, but for some reason I thought that if my dates were off, that I would have been a bit further along.....Not the other way!!!! Oh well, I was only off by 4 days, so not bad for me trying to figure it all out huh?! Laughing
good luck with getting the hubby away from the taxes.......Like I said before, lure him with food and maybe even some sexy lingerie!!!!!!! Wink
sounds like you got all the right signs for o'ing! Hope the opk kit detects it, and if not, don't get down about it. I never used'em.....Just went off my body!
Keep us posted!!!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Jaemierin-
i just wanted to say congrats again Smile aww.. Its sounds like everything is going great... I have heard that sperm can live up to 4-5 days at the latest.. So its possible Smile wish wich you nothing but a wonderful pregnancy Smile good luck and keep us all posted Smile
|

replied January 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Yay im so happy!!! I got my picture too!!! Were around the same time but I think the doctor said im about 8 weeks...So 2 months..I cant find anyone with a scanner so I can show you how it looks..But im sure you have an idea because your just behind me!! My u/s teech (my doctor) was a jerk...It was the first time meeting him and he didnt really tell me much...But I saw the heartbeat!! Aww I carry the picture everywhere I go what a dork..Lol well jaemie congrats!!! I sent you a message so ttyl!! Congrats to everyone lets all be healthy...Ew btw..The other day my friend had some hot cheetos..And I just had to have a couple..Then sitting at work all night feeling sooo sick and finally at like 6 am I threw everything back up it was terrible!! Well no more for me Sad
|

replied January 26th, 2007
Hot cheetos??? He-he-he....Your baby doesn't like spicy things either huh?!!! I love spicy foods and tried eating just some midly spicy foods twice now, and both times I was running into the bathroom and throwing up.....Yuck!

Did your tech or doctor give you your due date? Or your roll-over day? (which day of the week you are one week further along, if that makes any sense? My day is saturday. So each saturday I am one week further along!!)
i pm'd you back!

Talk to all of you ladies soon!!!! Good luck everyone, I hope this wekend brings alot of happy surprises in the form of bfp's!?!!! Wink
|

replied January 27th, 2007
Jaemi - I got my temp increase today, so now i'm 1dpo, I think. Of course, ff will take a couple of days to confirm. So now i'm on my 2ww. I'm actually relieved to be on my 2ww because the signs of impending ovulation lasted six days this month. We got in a lot of bding, but we are tired and I was starting to fear that I wouldn't ovulate. Sad I did wear sexy lingere, but my dh wasn't into food. He joked last night that he felt like I was treating him like my own private sperm bank, and then proceeded to discuss where to put a bassinet in our bedroom. Smile

i think it is reasonable to expect the tech to confirm your estimated ovulation date, but I would expect a several day error in the tech's precision. I would be more worried about dates if the tech came back and told you you were one month further along! Wink four days earlier is so small that it is probably within a standard error of the tech's estimation method or tools. I think the closeness of the test probably confirms your estimate of the ovulation date. :p of course, it is useful to use the dates that the tech gave you as a guide.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....