Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Maybe Baby Fetility Saliva Test

Going to try maybe baby fertility saliva test, for those who dont want to spend $70 go to ebay and puchase it for half the price, will let you know how I go with it, wish me luck Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Good luck! I'm curiuos about how it works, whether it is accurate, and whether it is easy to use.
|

Experienced User
shortgeek wrote:
good luck! I'm curiuos about how it works, whether it is accurate, and whether it is easy to use.

just received it yesterday, I tried it out and it it's really easy all you do is spit in it and look, even though i'm on my period I test to see the difference between now and when i'm going to ovulate, if you purchase it, it's recommended to use it first thing in the morning without eating or drinking anything.

I got a good value the one I received is called ovuclear fertlity test and I received five pregnancy test with it for free and it only cost me $35. Laughing
|

Great! I'm in the middle of my fertile time right now, but I might think about it for next month. I'm doubting whether opk is accurate for me.

How far before ovulation does it start telling you that you are fertile?
|

Experienced User
shortgeek wrote:
great! I'm in the middle of my fertile time right now, but I might think about it for next month. I'm doubting whether opk is accurate for me.

How far before ovulation does it start telling you that you are fertile?

it tells you as soon as you start but before you start ovulating it will show a build up of ferny stuff through the microscope as you can then tell you are about to start to ovulate at that stage you should start trying and when you do ovulate alot of ferny stuff will appear, when you are not ovulating the less there is. I am so irregular so I can't tell when i'm going to get my period and ovulate so this should help me.
|

replied January 26th, 2007
Understanding the signs leading up to ovulation would be a definite plus. My cycles range from 24 to 28 days usually, though i've had two 29 day cycles in the last five months. Last month was a 24 day cycle and I think my hubby and I only got 1 bd in before I ovulated. I tried to pay attention to the signs but it seems like I ovulated (cd11) so close to when signs started popping up (cd9) that we still didn't time it well. This month my signs started showing up on sunday (based on cm), and my hubby and I didn't want to miss a day in case I o'd early again. But, I appear to be ovulating on time this month, and my hubby is pretty tired from having to "perform" so much in six days.

I've read that cm can vary from month to month, so having something that gives us three days notice and is more accurate would be wonderful. Of course, I hope I don't need it next month.
|

replied January 26th, 2007
Experienced User
shortgeek wrote:
understanding the signs leading up to ovulation would be a definite plus. My cycles range from 24 to 28 days usually, though i've had two 29 day cycles in the last five months. Last month was a 24 day cycle and I think my hubby and I only got 1 bd in before I ovulated. I tried to pay attention to the signs but it seems like I ovulated (cd11) so close to when signs started popping up (cd9) that we still didn't time it well. This month my signs started showing up on sunday (based on cm), and my hubby and I didn't want to miss a day in case I o'd early again. But, I appear to be ovulating on time this month, and my hubby is pretty tired from having to "perform" so much in six days.

I've read that cm can vary from month to month, so having something that gives us three days notice and is more accurate would be wonderful. Of course, I hope I don't need it next month.

looks like I will be cutting it close too my period is still going and according to my calender I am meant to ovulate on the 1st feb hopefully this isn't so, I hoe this saliva test works for me cause it so close between my period time and my ovulation time that I hope I won't miss it. Rolling Eyes
|

replied January 27th, 2007
I hope it works, too. Lot's of baby dust to you!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....