My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several months. I have pcos and irregular cycles. My last two cycles were 30 and 42 days so I have no idea when to expect ovulation this month.

A few days ago, I started using an opk. On the first day, the test line was not as dark as the control line, so I knew it wasn't a positive but the test line was obviously noticeable. Now, on subsequent days, the test line seems to be getting lighter. Is that normal? Should the line keep getting darker as you get closer to a positive or doesn't it matter at all until you actually get a positive?

I'm just afraid i've had some wacky cycle and I ovulated really early and that first test showed the end of an lh surge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Hi! I don't think everyone's gets darker gradually. Don't worry yet, keep testing and it should show up. I missed my surge all together one month!
Are you testing twice a day? That is how I missed mine, I was only testing in the morning. And I have read that testing in the afternoon is better.
Good luck!
|

replied January 24th, 2007
Experienced User
I have heard that for those of us with pcos, opks can be especially tricky. When I first started using them, I would get lines sometimes but never dark enough to be positive. Unfortunately I never managed to have enough opks so when and if I finally ovulated, I never got to see a positive. Once I started taken metformin and my cycles started to get regular, I no longer have all the lines when I test. I had one light one the day before I got my positive last cycle.
|

replied January 27th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm struggling a bit with opk as well, but I don't have pcos. The first two months I used it, I used fmu because the instructions didn't say not to. Now i'm having trouble getting positives with urine from later in the day (i think I might drink too much water during the day Confused ). My recommendation would be to use them twice a day when you start getting the cm. You just have to remember that the fmu will tell you that lh surged yesterday.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....